I just got my kitchen counter top installed with new venetian gold granite. I noticed there is a huge concentration of black veins on the middle.

Asked by Roja, Frederick County, MD Fri Aug 3, 2012

what to do? should I ask my builder to replace with another slab. It looks like something is spilled on it. Please advice me.

Answers

4
Donna Kerr, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Wed Feb 5, 2014
If your builder agrees to replace the granite with another slab, I would highly recommend visiting the granite source/distributor in person to view the slabs and choose one you are happy with. As granite is a not a man-made material, no two slabs look the same and it is common for a sample piece to differ greatly from another slab of the same granite. Good luck!
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Aug 16, 2012
In a previous life, I Designed and Remodeled upscale kitchens:
Congratulations on your project, it sounds beautiful.

I had a person come into the showroom, looking at the various Granites; she pointed to one and asked "who made this?"
I told her, "God made it."

If you wanted something that was symetrical and blah, you shouldn't have chosen granite.
That is the most beautiful piece of ART that nature could create!
Rich Phillips, Agent, Frederick, MD
Thu Aug 16, 2012
Great question and is a common one. Granite is a natural stone and will have color variations and clusters which is not a defect but just part of the Beauty. Hope this helps and enjoy your home!
Chopper Russo, Agent, Oakland, NJ
Sun Aug 5, 2012
My advice is to speak with the builder or whomever installed the granite and voice your unhappiness with the piece. Show them exactly what bothers you about it, that it doesn't live up to the quality guaranteed and that you expect them to replace it. Good luck!
Thanks for your advice.
Flag Mon Aug 6, 2012