Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Derry : Real Estate Advice

  • All48
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 40
Yesterday at 3:27pm
Sabrina Zyla answered:
Hi there, I just noticed this question and wanted to reach out and let you know that rent to owns are hard to find, but not impossible. I really does help to work closely with a good Realtor to help you find one that works for you. I am licensed in both NH and MA so if you want to talk further about either finding a rent to own or selling your condo in MA I offer free consultations. I will give you the best of my knowledge and experience with no obligation. My direct number is 603-553-7730 feel free to reach out. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 27, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
This is NOT Trulia's or Zillow's fault. You can blame the realtors. The issue is realtors own the MLS systems which send listings to real estate websites like Trulia and Zillow. HOWEVER, realtors do NOT send all the information. They intentionally keep some of it off the websites. Examples: whether pets are allowed or not; HOA fees; property taxes (in some states); etc. The reason is realtors need people like you to call them for this information. During your phone call, it gives the agent the opportunity to convert you to a client. Since realtors are independent contractors (self employed with business expenses), they rely heavily on people calling them for the missing information. They are hoping to do business with you so they can make money.

Trulia and Zillow have no control over the listings. The listings are 100% controlled by the real estate agents. So from your question, if you want to get a list of rentals that allow pets, you will need to call a realtor. Sorry about that.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 21, 2017
Gregg Pomeroy answered:
Hello, I'm a mortgage professional.

I can offer programs that require no money down and also have another program that only requires 3.5% down. There is even a way to roll closing costs into the loan using a sellers concession.

The best thing to do is get a pre approval.

I'm avialable almost 24/7

If you would like help with this or have any questions you are welcome to contact me.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 4, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
There are a few different types of mortgages. VA and USDA which is no money down, FHA at 3.5% and conventional 3.5, 5 or 20% down. All have closing costs as well that can average 3%. If you do not have 2%, buying a home may not be for you right now. Meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can go over what you will need so you can save ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 16, 2016
VA Mortgage Hub answered:
IF you have the benefits, use them. VA offers the best terms and lowest rates. Please no mortgage insurance. Contact us below if we can help.

VA Mortgage Hub
National VA Loans ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 16, 2016
June Buerkle answered:
Sun Apr 24, 2016
Fatciabella asked:
Tue Aug 18, 2015
Trish Povey answered:
Are you saying that your Financing is changing? What is the question to the listing agent? Your Question sounds like a lender question not a Agent question?.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 13, 2014
Diana Hellman answered:
Sell your home first and then you will have some options that will be lower in price than the house sold.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Nov 5, 2014
Murphy Team answered:
This is my understanding of a private septic system. I am not a septic inspector, but I have seen many systems over the years and been present for many inspections for our clients. I have seen 5-year old systems in failure and 60-year old systems functioning perfectly.

A septic system for 2-bedrooms is rated to support a certain number of gallons of water going into the leach field. If you pump more than the recommended amount into the system each day, the leach field will not function properly resulting in an early failure. A saturated leach field does not allow enough air into the system for the microbes to do their work in breaking down the effluent.

If you are buying the home, be sure to have a septic inspection to determine the condition of the tank AND the leach field. Ask the inspector if the field can be added to so it will accommodate 3-bedrooms. Often it is the condition of the soil that dictates the number of bedrooms a field will support.
... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Tue May 27, 2014
Jean Ettori asked:
Wed Mar 19, 2014
Sabrina Zyla answered:
There is the Derry/Windham Rail Trail that goes for miles and is a very nice path, most of which is paved. There is also a dog park in Derry by the Transfer Station, which has a large area and a small area with running water. If you need anymore info about Derry, please let me know I have been in the Derry area for over 7yrs and also grew up here. I am a full time Realtor for Century21 in Southern NH, my direct line is 603-553-7730 give me a call if I can help.
Century21 North Shore
Sabrina Zyla
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Melissa Goss answered:
A big financial loss- likely you would get sued.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you are living there you have rights. You would be a formal tenant only if you have a rental agreement or lease, you are an occupant though and they will have to evict you. You would have to review CA law for time frames. Your best bet is to ask for cash for keys which will state you have to move in a specific time and they will pay you to leave and leave the home free of belongings and or any debris or garbage. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun May 19, 2013
Robert Van Laarhoven answered:
No they do not have video cameras on this complex.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 4, 2013
Christina Hayes answered:
Good Morning. It saddens me that your lender did not explain all fees on your GFE.

Reserves are deposited with the lender to create a cushion for any overages that may arise when the insurance and tax bill become due. Your mortgage payment is made up of PITI (Principal, Interest, Taxes, & Insurance). You paid your homeowners insurance upfront for the year, and will be paying a monthly fee to the lender with your mortgage each month for the policy that will become due in 12 months. All lenders require 3 months reserves to be deposited into this account. Each payment will go into your escrow account. You will have an escrow for Taxes and Insurance. You are not paying your insurance on a monthly basis directly to the insurance company as you would on a vehicle. Home Owner Insurance Policies are very different than that of a vehicle policy which is paid monthly.

You are thinking on monthly terms, you need to look at your home owners insurance and property taxes as being due yearly and paid on a yearly basis with one payment, which your lender will make the payment for you with the money you have deposited into the escrow account.

Therefore from the date you close you are insured for an entire year, with a policy paid for the entire year. Each monthly payment is to secure the next years policy in full.

Same goes for your Property taxes which are due in full once a year.

Have a great weekend.

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit & Mortgage Consultant of
Everlasting Credit
Ex-Mortgage Broker of more than 10 years
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Dawn Harmon answered:
Hi, the home is beautiful and had four offers on it within three days, all above asking price. It is currently under agreement and due to close within the next 30 days. If you would like to email me directly I'll let you know if it it doesn't close with the current buyer. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
The address on the house they originally commentd on was 2 Thomas. you can see it in the 'http link" in blue to where the ad uesd to be before it was removed.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Victoria Macdonald answered:
I am the current owner of 16 North Shore Road Derry, NH. I have owned the home since 1994, at which time the septic had already been converted to TOWN SEWER. The chimney was unlined when we bought the house, so we disconnected the wood stove and never used the fireplace. We replaced the oil tank and updated the electric, replaced the furnace, and put on vinyl siding within a few years of the purchase. Since that time, I have replaced the furnace again, now with a propane burning furnace, which has a new exhaust system, so the chimney is defunct! The roof was replaced, and largely rebuilt in 2005 or 2006. The oil tank does not need to be replaced, since the house has a propane furnace, and the septic does not need to be replaced since the house is on town sewer!
I do not know who Steve Depaula, Jr. is, but suffice it to say he does not speak for me! All repairs and all dysfunctions were clearly detailed to my agent. (Seller's Disclosure)
I am selling the house because I can simply no longer afford it.
So, Mr. Depaula, Jr., do you know a good lawyer to represent you in a LIBEL suit? I suspect that I would recoup more than what I owe if I were to sue you, and I know some great lawyers!
... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Derry Zip Codes