Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

03038 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 14
Tue Feb 21, 2017
Gregg Pomeroy answered:
Hello, I'm a mortgage professional.

I can offer programs that require no money down and also have another program that only requires 3.5% down. There is even a way to roll closing costs into the loan using a sellers concession.

The best thing to do is get a pre approval.

I'm avialable almost 24/7

If you would like help with this or have any questions you are welcome to contact me.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 4, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
There are a few different types of mortgages. VA and USDA which is no money down, FHA at 3.5% and conventional 3.5, 5 or 20% down. All have closing costs as well that can average 3%. If you do not have 2%, buying a home may not be for you right now. Meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can go over what you will need so you can save ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 18, 2015
Trish Povey answered:
Are you saying that your Financing is changing? What is the question to the listing agent? Your Question sounds like a lender question not a Agent question?.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 19, 2014
Sabrina Zyla answered:
There is the Derry/Windham Rail Trail that goes for miles and is a very nice path, most of which is paved. There is also a dog park in Derry by the Transfer Station, which has a large area and a small area with running water. If you need anymore info about Derry, please let me know I have been in the Derry area for over 7yrs and also grew up here. I am a full time Realtor for Century21 in Southern NH, my direct line is 603-553-7730 give me a call if I can help.
Century21 North Shore
Sabrina Zyla
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Melissa Goss answered:
A big financial loss- likely you would get sued.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 4, 2013
Christina Hayes answered:
Good Morning. It saddens me that your lender did not explain all fees on your GFE.

Reserves are deposited with the lender to create a cushion for any overages that may arise when the insurance and tax bill become due. Your mortgage payment is made up of PITI (Principal, Interest, Taxes, & Insurance). You paid your homeowners insurance upfront for the year, and will be paying a monthly fee to the lender with your mortgage each month for the policy that will become due in 12 months. All lenders require 3 months reserves to be deposited into this account. Each payment will go into your escrow account. You will have an escrow for Taxes and Insurance. You are not paying your insurance on a monthly basis directly to the insurance company as you would on a vehicle. Home Owner Insurance Policies are very different than that of a vehicle policy which is paid monthly.

You are thinking on monthly terms, you need to look at your home owners insurance and property taxes as being due yearly and paid on a yearly basis with one payment, which your lender will make the payment for you with the money you have deposited into the escrow account.

Therefore from the date you close you are insured for an entire year, with a policy paid for the entire year. Each monthly payment is to secure the next years policy in full.

Same goes for your Property taxes which are due in full once a year.

Have a great weekend.

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit & Mortgage Consultant of
Everlasting Credit
Ex-Mortgage Broker of more than 10 years
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 20, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Your first step should be to meet with a couple of agents who can assess what your property is worth in todays market. They can then tell you what they will charge and most important what they offer for that fee. You should choose a full time and full service agent who will guide you through each step of the selling process. Bigger is not better, just bigger. You want an agent who stresses service. If you would like assistance in selling it, please feel free to contact me. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 31, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Steven you certainly can sell, you can use the short sale process. I work with a number of short sales and use an attorney to negotaite with teh bank on your behalf. It is a relative easier process than a couple of years ago. Please contact me and i can assist you through the whole process. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 28, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
It depends if you are selling it yourself or have it listed with someone. If you are selling it yourself I can assist you with your lease purchase. if you have it listed, then you should ask your agent to assist you. There are a couple of parts to a lease purchase, wroting a lease to protect you and writing the purchase agreement that includes what happens when they do or if they do not buy it within a specified amount of time. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 28, 2012
Debbie Collyns answered:
Hi there, there are options out there that may work for you.
I have experience in short sales, selling, rentals.
Everybodys situation is a little different.
You could give me a call and I would love to help you out.
Debbie Collyns 603 264 4131
Summerview RE
Derry NH
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 28, 2011
Amy Mclaughlin answered:
The reality is, manufactured homes depreciate like vehicles so their value decreases over time. That means you will likely lose money when selling it. The other answers all touch on important things to consider (age of your home, etc). Since your unit is in a park, I do not believe it would qualify for FHA status, as I believe it must be on its own land even with an engineer's report. Regardless, you'll definitely want to get a CMA to see what the market value is on your home. That will remove some of your guesswork regarding whether you'll lose your shirt. If you own the property outright, then you can use the proceeds as a down payment on a small traditional home. If you walk away from the sale without a down payment, you'll have a couple of options as a buyer. Step 1 is definitely to speak with a mortgage broker to see what you can afford based on your income and debt ratio. If you can be flexible about the town in which you move, you may qualify for a 0% down Rural Development mortgage. Some other excellent programs for buyers are called HomePath and HomePath Renovation. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 1, 2010
Charlie Wheeler answered:
Hi Sherrin,

The asking price is not hidden for properties that are listed for sale on Trulia. You can search for listings by price, sort them by price, and see the price displayed on the search results page.


Charlie Wheeler
Account Manager | Trulia
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 8, 2008
Scott Godzyk answered:
i have received lots of emails from brokers in similar situations and i thought i would share them. The issue with ken is similar in that we are waiting for a signed deed to come from the bank to conduct the closing. In Ken's case it is a little different as the bank that signed the purchase and sales was taken over just before closing. The deed they sent to closing wasnt accepted by the title company that represented the buyers mortgage company. We waited 2 weeks for a new deed and then 2 more weeks to get the deed to the bank to sign and 2 more weeks for the bank to sign it and get it back. There is twice daily emails to the attorney, the assett manager and to the parties involved yet we wait for the deed to come. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice