Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Ownership in Denver : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info146
  • Home Buying549
  • Home Selling90
  • Market Conditions45

Activity 8
Thu May 25, 2017
Mccoy.stevens asked:
Just bought 500K house in winter in Denver, now that it's the spring we're having major ground water issues and our basement window wells keep filling up with water, previous owners…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 31, 2017
Sally Grenier answered:
Your agent should have a copy of it, and your title company who handled the closing. And it's not a HUD1 anymore. You're probably talking about the settlement statement or the Closing Disclosure (CD). ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 22, 2016
Maricris A answered:

I have emailed you regarding this concern.


Consumer Care Advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 25, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Sounds like a legal question and you may want to consult with an attorney. But if the daughter owns the home and boyfriend lives with her, he really doesn't have any legal rights to the house. I suppose he could argue that they are "common law" married...but even then I don't think that automatically gives him rights to the house. Again, you really should talk to an attorney. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 17, 2015
Apex.loanfirms24 answered:
We are offering Business, personal and mortgage loans to people in need of loans. Contact us today if you need a loan;
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 6, 2015
Ron Rovtar answered:
Hi Rachel:

I'm guessing you mean that the property is still listed on Trulia. If this is the case you probably can send an e-mail at this address:

If the problem is that Jefferson or Adams county has not made the change, you should talk to the folks at the county or call the title insurance company that closed the sale. The closer should have transmitted the information to the appropriate county.

Ron Rovtar
Cherry Creek Properties LLC
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 1, 2014
Randy Tanner & Lindsey Racher answered:
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Faun Hauptman answered:
Folks, don't wait for the Federal Government to swoop in and fix the foreclosure crisis. Hot as the market seems right now here in the Denver area, and now that the Attorneys General have settled their claims with the largest banks, banks will be starting up foreclosures again in massive numbers. Know that most economists believe it will be another six years before all the distressed inventory has worked its way through the market. Half of all foreclosures that will have resulted from the crisis that began in 2007, have yet to go through foreclosure!

It is very important that everyone understand that the foreclosure process in Colorado is the only one of its kind in the country, and that Colorado state law was changed in 2006 to make it almost impossible for homeowners to fight a faulty/fraudulent foreclosure. I am still encountering homeowners who have had fraudulent (robo signed) documents recorded on their properties!

Representative Beth McCann is introducing legislation, next week I believe, to fix the 2006 law that gave banks the right to take anyone's home without proving they really own the note. All it takes is for the foreclosure attorney representing the bank to sign a "Qualified Holder" statement saying the bank has the right to foreclose, whether they have seen the actual paperwork or not! This is outrageous and deprives homeowners of legal due process. It is really important that we get behind this bill in the Colorado House of Representatives and get it passed. Contact the representative from your district and insist they pass this important legislation, this year.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice