Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Denver : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info141
  • Home Buying533
  • Home Selling85
  • Market Conditions45

Activity 1,653
Tue Aug 2, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
FYI -- this property isn't for sale. IF it does go to foreclosure the bank will want "Fair Market Value" -- what a ready, willing and able buyer is willing to pay in this market. Keep in mind we are in a very HOT seller's market right now. Most homes are selling way above list price with multiple offers. Don't plan on getting a "deal". If you're interested in buying in the Denver metro area, I'd be happy to create a search for you in the MLS. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 29, 2016
jumbosource answered:
There are 5% down options up to 1mil loan amount. 700 credit required, no pmi, fix rates. This program requires full documentation.

Jumbo Mortgage Source
Specializing in 95% Jumbo loans
Serving home buyers in all 50 states
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
You need to discuss this with your listing agent. If you have changed your mind and have decided not to sell, then your agent should be happy to let you out of your listing agreement. But if you're just not happy with you agent, then you need to have a heart to heart talk. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 27, 2016
Kin Griffith asked:
the address is 11694 Adams St, Thornton, CO 80233
Please remove as listing agent. It is not for sale yet.
It has not been foreclosed on (please remove that "fact"…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 26, 2016
Joe Borelli answered:
In order to fund a 203K renovation loan, a mortgage lender needs to be approved by FHA to originate under its various home loan insurance programs. You can access the link below for the latest, updated list of FHA lenders who have funded at least one 203K loan in Colorado in the past year.
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 26, 2016
Radlerjeff answered:
A reverse mortgage is a good way of receiving a regular stream of monthly payments from a “lender” for seniors 62 and above to cover basic living expenses against their property. Current property prices, the demand for the property on the market, and the condition of the property are assessed by the lender before the loan amount is released to you in the form of monthly payments. However, with each payment your equity decreases. You need to stay current on property taxes, homeowners’ insurance, and homeowners’ association dues (if any). ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jul 24, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
What does your contract say? Did you sign a buyer agency agreement? If not, you can use whoever you want to buy. If your home isn't even listed yet, or not under contract, it doesn't make sense to look at homes if you can't put an offer on something. You posted under zip code 80127, which is Littleton CO (and a very HOT market). It's very hard to get an offer accepted with a contingency to sell your current home. If you're under contract, and very close to closing, then I would demand to look at homes at this point.

I have potential clients asking to look at homes, but they need to sell their house first and it's not even near ready to list. It makes zero sense to look at a home, fall in love with it, and then not be able to make an offer on it.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 15, 2016
Dan_mcdonald99 asked:
My address is 351 S Gaylord St, Denver 80209. If I search for that exact address I can see that my home is listed for sale and that it has Open House dates. However if I search just on 80209…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 14, 2016
Jtasrael asked:
Engineer 1 - assessed home 8 yrs ago -vertical cracks by basement windows and main floor sloped. We did what he recommended (so we thought). 8 years later, we want to sell our home. Under…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 14, 2016
Jtasrael answered:
Not sure how to ask our own question so I am tagging onto the one above.

We had engineer 1 come out 8 years ago to inspect the basement before we bought our home. There were vertical cracks by the basement windows and the main level floor sloped. We did what he recommended. 8 years later, we want to sell our home. Under contract with new buyers found a additional horizontal crack and wanted the prior basement work assessed. They called engineer 1 (our engineer) to come out and do the assessment. The contract fell through with the buyers because the engineers assessment scared them -- basically, the work of 8 years ago was not done to his specifications.

We decided to follow engineer 1's recommendations and made all the fixes he recommended in addition to re-doing those of 8 years ago to comply with his original report. He came out after work was done, agreed they were done to his specifications but referenced his prior 2 reports and put language in the FU report that would scare any buyer away - we did what was cost effective -- eluding to additional issues.

We called in engineer 2 for a 2nd opinion. Engineer 2 told us 1) engineer 1 was not allowed to assess for the buyers without asking for our permission first. He did not. 2) engineer 1 did not take measurements and that his statements in his report were not correct (ie. wall bowing in vs. bowing out). 3) ALL the beams that engineer 1 recommended were not necessary and that all we needed to do to address cracks was to epoxy them.

Now, we are thoroughly confused! Do we believe engineer 1 or 2. When we disclose all reports, engineer 2 will say that all the beams that were placed in the basement to address the cracks were unnecessary. He will reference engineer 1. Buyers will be thoroughly confused and we are afraid they will walk away. We probably would.

Any suggestions?
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 12, 2016
UpNest Top Realtors answered:
Hi, Commission rates are negotiable and can vary. The key to negotiating the best rate is to compare and interview several agents in your local area. We started UpNest ( to help you compare top agents that compete to earn your business. Since agents compete for you, they offer their very best rates and services. You'll also get to "comparison shop" like you do for all the other things you usually pay for. It's free and there's no risk to try us out, Good luck! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 6, 2016
Arlene Satz answered:
Desk top underwriter is integrated processors use to submit Paper work to meet underwriting needs for submission for final approval. Variables are indicated usually from a drop down menu.
Rate. Term. Flood zone , pmi. Amt will also generate a preliminary HUD 1 with approx along cost , money needed from buyer,/seller to settle.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 29, 2016
Va39developmentgroup answered:
When you know exactly where you want to be, you don't want to get bombarded with listings more than half a city block outside that boundary. We've simplified this search giving you a draw tool on the map. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 29, 2016
Va39developmentgroup answered:
Hi Peter!

If the home/listing was on Trulia, as the owner, you could claim it and edit/ add facts and photos.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 26, 2016
Roycathy44 asked:
Sun Jun 26, 2016
Tbirdpeyton asked:
If you roll the net proceeds from one home into a new home, is there capital gains?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 25, 2016
June Buerkle answered:
You can choose not to sell; but if you do try to sell for however long that listing agent was covered under the contract ...... it must be his that agent.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 16, 2016
Tatumlea answered:
Since many retail & commercial buildings require additional finishing like insulation or facade customization, the cost may rise to $30 or $40 per square foot (SF). - See more at: ... more
2 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 14, 2016
Hello everyone i can help with a loan at good rates.
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 13, 2016
Bamanweiler asked:
I'm wanting to buy part of my Limited Common Element (Deck) from my HOA to enclose and expand my bedroom. I'm trying to determine what a reasonable price would be.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice