Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Deland : Real Estate Advice

  • All112
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying30
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 7
Craigslines, Home Buyer in Deland, FL
Mon Sep 12, 2016
Craigslines asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
MCM_STL, Home Buyer in Saint Louis, MO
Thu Jul 28, 2016
MCM_STL answered:
Those aren't exclusive items. A lender generally expects you to put down some cash and you borrow the difference between your down payment and the cost of the house you're buying.

It sounds like you'd greatly benefit from finding a local buyer's agent and lender to sit you down and talk you through the processes. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Usda Mortgage…,  in Jacksonville, FL
Tue Oct 20, 2015
Usda Mortgage Source answered:
many locations just outside of Deland are still eligible for the 100% USDA loan. Great for first time buyers that want to purchase a home with little money out of pocket. Contact us below if you would like to learn more..

USDA Mortgage Source - Florida's USDA Resource
Ph: 904-302-6060
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
TRUDY S MCCA…,  in Deland, FL
Sun Dec 1, 2013
TRUDY S MCCANN answered:
Flood Zone "X" in Florida, has always been regarded as a good indicator of safety from flooding. It is respected by Lenders, Realtors, Home Insurers, a good thing for the property of interest.
However, as of Oct. 1, 2013, all of Florida is considered a "Flood Zone" unless proved otherwise. To accomplish this homeowners, buyers, investors, etc. should order a "Certificate of Elevation" from the person that doing the Survey for the property. It is a nominal fee of about $75, worth every penny, and transferable to the next Home owner of record. I imagine our new forms will have a box to check that this process has been done, and the certificate signifies that it does.
It has been my experience that home owners "in the know" have already done this. I bought a property in 2004, and previous homeowner had already done this task. Always contact a knowledgeable Realtor, Surveyor, or FEMA Site and Maps to learn more. You can go online to 'My Florida' website and research the information noted above.
I have been a licensed Broker Associate in Florida for 15 years, and learned that it is necessary to look into these issues for my clients, my own knowledge Bank, and when interacting with others. in the 'Social Realm' this point of interest invariably comes up. It did recently on "Thanksgiving Day" while dining with many folks from Central Florida. this very question came up, over Dinner. I was so glad I knew about this new development, and could share my recent knowledge to all concerned.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Alma Kee, Real Estate Pro in Tampa, FL
Thu Aug 25, 2011
Alma Kee answered:
You might try one of the discount rental arrangements that will require you to stage and repair the house and also show at a moment's notice. You will be required to move once the property sells. You cannot have any pets, however.

Hope this helps.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Keith Manson-…,  in Milwaukee, WI
Sun May 23, 2010
Keith Manson- Metro Milwaukee Wisconsin answered:
The answer is no. The lender is not a landlord and does not have a leasing agent to monitor the situation. Plus if this is a investor loan that ability in most likely not in the contract. Your lease will not cover the expenses the bank has and thus they would rather sell the property for less than do a lease option.

You might be able to find a investor that has a property and would consider a lease purchase but not a bank. They want to get these off the books and not have to monitor these assests for years.

Good Luck

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Metro Milwaukee
... more
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Deland Zip Codes