Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Del Sur : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 13
Fri Sep 29, 2017
Mary C answered:

Pending means an offer has been made on the home and it is in the process of closing.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate

Contact Us:
Help Center:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Nov 12, 2016
Rich Ramirez answered:
My question is a little different. My buyer wants to purchase a house that has no stove but it has one small induction burner. This house is a minimalist and an energy efficient property and are wondering if that burner will pass FHA. does any have any thoughts, suggestions? ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 8, 2016
Dianne Wallace asked:
Sat May 28, 2016
Brntn asked:
Mon Jul 6, 2015
Tyler Havens answered:
I would not bank on appreciation or "making money". If you are looking for acreage, it is relatively close to Lancaster, and on the west side. It is not a large city by any means and when you go to resell your buyer pool will not be as large. Here is a suggestion... Check out Quartz Hill. It is nestled within west Lancaster, and you can find 1-2 acre lots suitable for your needs. Your resale will be much better, because Quartz Hill is a highly desired area. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 2, 2015
Cindy Davis answered:
The base property tax rate in San Diego County is 1.25%. Home in Del Sur also have a rather expensive mello roos tax that is approximately $500 a month. If you want to send me a particular address, I would be glad to offer you more specific amounts.

Cindy Davis, Broker
SD Home Source Realty
Phone: (619) 379-8616
CA DRE #01363537
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 11, 2014
The only way to refi (at this point) would be a Portfolio Loan Product. The rates are less than 10% but higher than 8% so unless you really needed to pull cash out to pay off debt or you had a personal issue you needed to resolve, I would recommend waiting another year. There is only other loan out there that would allow financing after a Foreclosure less than 3 years would be the FHA Back to Work Program, but that program is for purchases only. The last option would be a FHA 203b under "Extenuating Circumstances". But you would have to show you had a death in the immediate family or serious illness that directly led up to the foreclosure. Hopes this helps. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 20, 2013
maxjacobonlineloan answered:

I am Mr max jacob I am a certified and a registered loan lender. I
give out loans
with a low interest rate of 3%, All interested borrowers should please fill
the form below and contact us with the email Address below for further
Information. Contact:
Full Names:...................
Monthly income:........................
Phone Number:.....................
Loan Amount Needed:...................
Loan Duration (yrs):........................

Thanks And GOD Bless,

Mr max jacob
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Johnny James answered:
Required by who? If the home is being financed by a lender they will require that the home is in good enough condition for you to live in the home. If you are buying a home without financing nobody will require anything to be working. If you are purchasing a home a property inspection is a good idea but not always a requirement. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 24, 2010
Katie Stewart answered:
West Lancaster is really nice, just to remember west is always nicer and more expensive. You may also want to check out west palmdale. I have lived in the area for over 20 years.
Katie Stewart
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 9, 2010
Matthew Bartlett answered:
Hi Dredre,

Sorry to hear that the deal did not work out. You say that the home needed major repairs. Were these major repairs mentioned by the Appraiser in their report? If so, then your Lender would consider them safety & soundness issues and require that they be repaired prior to close of escrow. Now the seller is not obligated to agree to pay for or make said repaires. And maybe there is another buyer who would agree to pay for the repairs to be made. Thou, does the seller want to take that chance? Your Agent could have pointed out to the seller that it would be in their best interest to pay for and complete the repairs and close the escrow with you. The seller will have the same issues with any future prospective buyer and Appraiser, as these repairs must be disclosed along with the appraisal report to any future buyer and their Lender. Furthermore, removing the FHA option will not solve the issue either as Conventional financing will require the repairs be made prior to close of escrow as well. This will end up costing the seller more money and time starting over. I do not know of many sellers who would roll the dice in the hope that MAYBE they can find a buyer to pay for the repairs.

With regards to the $250.00 fee. As long as you cancelled the agreement within your due dilligence period as per the contract, then you're entitled to a full refund of your deposit. Speak with your Broker and have them make this clear to the Title Company. The Title company needs to bite the bullet and take the loss. They are not the only ones to lose money in this transaction. Good luck and do not give up on the process as you will find a home!

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 30, 2009
Tamara Stoebe answered:
Hello Prayer,

I am a member of the local board in the Antelope Valley, if you give me the address I will be happy to let you know what's hapening with that property.

Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR, QSC, e-PRO
DRE License #01827461
1801 W. Ave. K
Lancaster, CA 93534
Cell: (661) 466-6849
Fax: (661) 422-3006

Follow me on Twitter:
Follow me on Facebook:
Check out my Blog:
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 9, 2008
Ramon Vega answered:
Hi Mgm,
If you are serious about buying a REO property your best bet is to contact a Realtor from your community. His/her job will be to educate you through the process, step by step until you are certain you have a very good understanding of the transcation for you to make a sound decsion. When you work with a realtor you are not have YOUR realtor and his/her company on your side. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Del Sur Zip Codes