Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Davenport : Real Estate Advice

  • All66
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying25
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 30
Thu Nov 19, 2015
Usda Mortgage Source answered:
Most of Polk County will be eligible for 100% USDA rural housing loans. Learn more by contacting us below.
USDA Mortgage Hub
100% USDA Rural Housing Loans
Serving all 50 states
Ph: 800-691-8826 (7 days a week)
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 28, 2015
Kim asked:
Thu May 7, 2015
Le Ann Dunne answered:
A realtor is very helpful in many aspects; however you need to work closely with a lender to assist you taking the correct paths to improve your credit score so that you will qualify for a mortgage. Best regards! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 20, 2015
USMortgageRanger answered:
Thanks for your service to our country from one Veteran to another. You question is not very clear. Are you looking at a foreclosed home?

We are the Nation only veteran-owned, federally chartered bank with a focus on educating customers about the mortgage process and providing opportunity for home-ownership. We have complete control of the entire Lending process with the ability to lend in all states. We specialized in FANNIE , FREDDIE, VA, USDA direct, Jumbo, Non-Warrantable Condo, Asset Based Lending, Foreign National, Construction Lending and conforming bridge Loan, As an FDIC bank we have the ability to lend nationwide. As your lender of choice we are here to help you make the best decision for your family based on sound responsible, knowledgeable financial guidance.

My Office hours are from 08:00 AM-07:00 PM Mon-Fri & Sat 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM CST. I look forward to talking with you.

Lowell E. Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
The Federal Savings Bank
Direct: 512-717-0403
Mobile: 469-347-3572
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 16, 2014
Nicole Johnson answered:

I'd be happy to help you in this process. Northwest Bank & Trust is a great source for "unconventional" lending, along with bridge loans. I like Maggie Pavano 563-388-2561,

Also, as a real estate agent. licensed on both the IA & IL side of the river, I'd be happy to setup a search to get you started. And then when you make it to town, feel free to call me.

Thanks, Nicole Johnson
RE/MAX River Cities
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 25, 2014
13teeder asked:
Had an agent take us to a few homes while vacationing there. What are the best areas to consider? Want to rent it out for a couple of years, then use it for ourselves. Tired of cold winters…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 15, 2013
Mark Oberhaus answered:
Hi there! What exactly are you looking to do!? Thanks! :)
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 26, 2013
Nicole Johnson answered:
Call Waterstone Mortgage....Diane Lestor, 309-269-3097

They will work with a lower credit score.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Yo Phelps answered:
There are also a couple of for sale by owners who are willing to work with me that have homes available as well. Talk to you soon. Yo
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Wendy Ridenhour answered:
Hi Tyeisha, I would be happy to assist you in your quest for good investments in the Iowa Quad City area. Give me a call at your earliest convenience so that we can get you started!

Wendy Ridenhour, REALTOR
Licensed in IA

Mel Foster Company
3211 35th St. Ct.
Davenport, IA 52807

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Paul David Hiebing answered:
The real problem in the scenario that you describe is your credit score... 611 is a little too low for any legitimate lender (that I know of) to offer you a home loan. Especially with an FHA loan.

There are several lenders that will grant you a loan with a credit score as low as 620. However, your interest rate will be somewhat higher than average, and the closing costs you incur will be somewhat higher as well.

A minimum credit score of 640 is the score you want to shoot for. And, if you can get it to 700 or so, you will have no trouble finding a lender. Especially with a debt to income ratio of only 15%.

The good news is that, with a little bit of work and due dilignece, you should be able to raise your credit score to a more acceptable level in as little as 3 to 6 months.

Just pay all of your bills on time, and in full (if possible) every month.

And, if you only need to establish a credit history, a pre-paid (you deposit monry into an account for future spending) Visa or Mastercard. Shop around with you rlocal banks to find one with low costs.

I hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Todd Seemann answered:
I agree with Paul's answer that you would have to own the home outright probably before that would be possible and the lease with the option to purchase would probably be the best bet for now for you both. Definitely consult your attorney on these types of documents. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 11, 2013
babybert0106 answered:
I want to buy a home and my credit is not good nor is my income to good. My mother is on disability can I use her income to help me but her credit is not good either?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 20, 2012
Mickey Turner answered:
Before the home was listed with a Realtor a broker price opinion was done that arrived at the price. Ideally that is what the bank would like to get. Lucky is correct some homes will go for more than the list price while others will go for less. The fewer days on market for the home the closer to list price it will sell for and the longer days on market the less they will receive. That is the norm but there are always the exceptions. A Realtor will be able to help you assess the home and aid you in making an offer that will hopefully acquire the property at a price you will be happy with. Good luck. ... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Yo Phelps answered:
Yes, I am. However, if someone else can learn from this that might be having the same issue then isn't that the point of the question and answer? Thank you for the concern though.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 9, 2012
Brenda Nolting answered:
I think it best that you have a meeting with a mortgage consultant that does credit repair and is willing to help you through the process. Some things drop off your credit after so many years and others need to be addressed and contacted and maybe set up minimum payments or letters written of explanation. Another alternative is rent to own where investors buy homes and rent them to you until you can get your credit repaired and you get some credit to your principal when you do finance. Other investors buy homes and sell them on contract. If you would like to contact me and let me know when you are available, I can have a consultant who does credit repair meet with you. I also have a list of investors who sell on contract or rent to own. Just need to find out your monthly budget for housing and your initial investment. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 3, 2011
Chrissi Jasso answered:
I would answer this a little differently. I sell many foreclosed homes that need many repairs, but that is apparent when you view these homes. Others may need very little if any work at all. I sell many homes that are in move in ready condition as bank owned homes. A home inspection is always recommended when buying any home, but especially a bank owned due to the lack of a seller's disclosure. International customers purchase foreclosures all the time, via cash or financing. You often can get a great deal in price if the home does need repairs, and you are willing to take on that work in exchange for the lower price. Normally the repairs needed are general cosmetics, flooring, paint, appliances, and minor upgrades. Good luck on your home search! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Ked asked:
I was married on June 25, 2011 and my husband owns his own home in Illinois. My question is can the bank change it's mind if I'm now married and use my husband's assets against…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 24, 2011
Dorene Slavitz answered:
Dear Sharon,
What is deductable on your income tax is not a qustion for licensed Realtors..but a CPA.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Davenport Zip Codes