Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

06810 : Real Estate Advice

  • All30
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 21
Sat Jul 15, 2017
Unique_ny asked:
Fri Jul 7, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
I believe you meant to say "Buyers Brokerage Agreement" instead of "purchase agreement" because your question is confusing. Are you referring to the agreement you signed during your 1st meeting with your realtor? I know in CT, buyers are required to sign a Buyers Broker Agreement during the initial meeting with their realtor. This is not a purchase agreement. This is an agreement between you and the brokerage who will represent you during your real estate transaction. A buyers brokerage agreement is to protect the realtor and brokerage so they will get paid when you do buy a home. It also protects you because it outlines what the responsibilities are.

At this point, exactly what is the issue? Did you find a home and submit an offer yet? Did your realtor show you homes and none of them meet your satisfaction - no offers submitted? Did you have a falling out with your realtor?

The Office Manager / Broker in Charge where your realtor works at, can assign you a different real estate agent within that brokerage. You don't have to stick with your realtor. You can also switch brokerages BUT any home that was shown to you by your former realtor will have to be disclosed to your new realtor so they can get paid. Otherwise in CT, if you buy a home with Realtor B and the same home was shown to you by Realtor A, you will owe a commission to Realtor A - and yes realtors do track it by the MLS system.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 28, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Please clarify your question. I'm confused what you are asking.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 22, 2016
Hcrescenzo2 asked:
not have anyone to cosign but we both work and I can get a reference from my current landlord to show that I have been paying my rent on time. We need the apartment as soon as possible.…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 14, 2016
Joepeterson56 asked:
My (buyer) son's atty added a rider to the standard sale contract, in it there is a clause about roof, basement and other leak conditions. it also turns out that my son's atty…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 14, 2016
Petedice asked:
Does each unit require separate utilities/ 2 exits? I've seen many home listed as 3 units but legal 2 what does it take to make extra unit legal to rent?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 22, 2014
Steven Bueti answered:
I work for a JUMBO Direct Lender based in Stamford, CT and can offer you the following...

90% financing between $625,000 - $2,000,000 (80/10/10) with NO PMI
85% financing up to $1,500,000 (1 loan) with NO PMI
95% financing between $417,000 - $625,000 (1 loan) with PMI

If you or anyone has any questions regarding Quote's, Scenario's or Cost's please feel free to reach out to me by my profile or contact info below.

Steven Bueti
Luxury Mortgage Corp.
Four Landmark Square, Suite: 300
Stamford, CT 06901
... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 25, 2014
Rena Bennett answered:
I can put you into a nice 3 br Colonial 1ba 2 car detached garage 1,581sf. That's the best I can do with out it being banked owned.
Direct contact: 203-300-6050
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 15, 2013
Fritz Walter answered:
Hi, Tax ID number alone is not sufficient. You need to demonstrate that you are legally in the country. This means you need to provide a Valid Visa or Passport that allows you to enter the country. As long as you have a valid and acceptable Visa status here are the following guidelines:

2 LTV Tiers for Foreign Nationals:

1) 65% LTV if borrower has US Credit & Income is derived in US

2) 55% LTV if borrower has NO US Credit & Income is derived Overseas

Deal will still be treated as Full Doc. If income & assets are derived overseas, then we can provide a US Approved Translation company to Translate Language and Convert currency into US Dollars

Every country has some form of Tax Returns or Pay Stubs or methods to verify income.

Call or email me if you have any further questions or if I can assist in anyway.

All the best,

Fritz Walter
VP of Retail Sales
Toll free: 800-359-1996 x551
Direct: 203-783-4551
Alt email:
NMLS ID: 387922
Visit my webpage:
Company Website:
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 2, 2013
Fritz Walter answered:
Hi David, I will be happy to answer any of your financial lending questions. Because of your H2B status and assuming you don't want your girlfriend being the only one legally responsible for paying the mortgage; you will need a bank that offers a foreign national program. You will need to provide at least an international credit report and have a down payment of 35%.

However, if you can obtain one of the following Visa classifications before you apply for a loan then you will have a much easier process, more customer friendly guidelines, and much lower rates:

Acceptable Visa Classifications are: E‐1, G‐2, G‐3, G‐4, H‐1B, L‐1A, L‐1B and
NAFTA TN for your standard Fannie/Freddie loan.

With an A+ rating on the BBB, Total Mortgage offers some of the lowest mortgage rates and fastest closing times of anyone in mortgage industry.


Fritz Walter
VP of Retail Sales
Toll free: 800-359-1996 x551
Direct: 203-783-4551
Alt emai:
NMLS ID: 387922
Visit my webpage:
Company Website:
Total Mortgage Services, LLC - NMLS #2764
Licensed in: CT, FL, MD, NJ, NC, SC, TX, VA
Total Mortgage Licensed in: AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, ME, MD, MA, MI, MS, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WV, WA

Total Mortgage offers a complete selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional, FHA, FHA 580-639 FICO, FHA 203 Renovation (Streamline & Consultant), HomePath, VA, VA IRRL, USDA, Jumbo financing , and No Income or reduced income. Portfolio, jumbo, and conventional programs offered for self-employed borrowers as well.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Kim Ljungquist answered:
Give me a call Ill be glad to help you out 203-942-7089 Kim Santoro
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Nadine Desposati answered:
Hi Katie, give me a call and we can search for a one bedroom apartment for you in Danbury.

Nadine Desposati
Coldwell Banker
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Bill Jacquemin answered:

You have many options in the area...feel free to give me a call, if you wish, and I would be happy to help out. 203-470-3275.

Bill Jacquemin
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Jessica Granger answered:
Hi Bharat, that depends on your preference, budget, time and experience. For my clients, I always advise them on the pro's and con's of each path. When I represent my clients rentals I take care of the marketing, advise on property preparation, make pricing and term recommendations, recommendations for additional resources if needed, provide a lockbox for showings & handle the showing schedule, follow up on showings, receive & review offers, provide recommendations on how to respond to offers / which offer to accept, collect all paperwork & get the tenants moved in! This is not a finite list, but gives you an idea of what may be involved in getting an apartment rented. It can be simple or more complicated, but depends on your requirements of the tenants. Your broker will have a set fee to market your rentals but you would have to weigh that with using your own time and comfort level in doing it yourself. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Dan Kuhn answered:
Hi Sami, the answer to your questions is Yes, but it takes a little effort. It is important to remember that the owner is interested in protecting their investment, so sometimes the listing says no pets but in fact the best way to find out is to ask on each unit you are interested in.

The second suggestion is that you use an app called Listingbook, which uses the same date base that Realtors use. It is accurate and up to date! I can set you up on this if you contact me.

The rental market is very active right now and it does pay to have a Realtor looking out for you. The tools we have make it easy for you and there is no charge to you as the renter to use us. Contact me at 203 770-9920 (text or call) and I can get started this afternoon.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 23, 2012
Arizona asked:
Our HOA likes to single out and harrass certain home owners. We have lived there for over 20 years, my husband went to a meeting to speak his mind. Regarding pacificate things they are…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 23, 2012
Peter Plourde answered:
I would call consumer protection.

Peter Plourde
William Raveis Real Estate
Glasonbury CT
Providence RI
Lic: CT, RI and MA
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 23, 2012
Simpletrade45 answered:
welcome to our website:

------- --------

if you like to order anything you like.

More details,

please just browse our website Quality is our Dignity;

Service is our Lift.

enjoy yourself.

thank you!!

------- -----
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice