Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Schools in Dana Point : Real Estate Advice

  • All71
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 3
Sun Oct 13, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
You really should start with the park manager. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rental park

Be sure to have it thoroughly inspected by an experienced MH inspector and not just any home inspector as there are several nuances with MHs that you don't have in a conventional site-built home and most home inspectors not familiar with these nuances will not even know what to look for.

Make sure the inspector crawls under the home and thoroughly inspects each and every pier and pad assembly for rust, deterioration and decomposition if steel and for decomposition if concrete as homes close to the ocean can be severely impacted by salt.

They should also make sure the home is level by checking all the doors and windows to make sure that they are not swinging or sticking and that all the strike plates on the doors are properly aligned and the doors close soundly.

The inspector should also inspect the steel mainframe for rust and decomposition as well. I can't tell you how many mainframes we've had to repair that were suffering and in some cases even failing from rust and deterioration related issues.

Be sure and have the inspector check for rips and tears in the vapor barrier under the floor. If there are openings in this membrane it could allow the insulation under the floor to become compromised and even fall on the ground.

Openings in the vapor barrier are also a great place for rodents and cats to habitate and reproduce. We've eradicated countless critters from these cavities over the years and it's not a very pleasant experience.

Finally and very importantly make sure the home has a California State Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) certified earthquake resistant bracing system (ERBS) as most areas in California are classified as a Zone 4 earthquake area which holds a high probability of risk for a seismic event..

We are a California licensed and experienced manufactured home and general contractor and manufactured home dealer, developer and real estate brokerage with decades of experience in the MH industry.

Please feel free to contact us anytime at 800 909-1110; cell: 760 815-6977. Or email us at

Please feel free to log onto any of our very user friendly websites:
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Ingrid Ski Realtor answered:
Hi Kim,

That is the space fee. How can I help you with getting a place? Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Steric answered:
The answer, simply, is "yes." But the same can be said of any high school in this country, public or private. My daughter received her Master of Social Work degree from University of Michigan in April 2010. As part of her training there, she spent a year working with addicts at U of M hospital. All the local high schools there had the same problem. She is a 2005 graduate of Dana Hills High and went into social work because of all the bullying, drugs, troubled young people and troubled adults she saw and experienced in the public schools. The situation for our youth is truly devastating. How could we, as adults, have allowed things to become so terrible for them. Our youth deserve a stable, safe, decent, caring environment in which to grow up and they don't have that. Shame on us. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Schools in Dana Point Zip Codes