Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

30720 : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Sat Aug 9, 2014
Solomon Greene answered:
Hi Jenia

Start by pulling your own credit history for free at Validate the accuracy of all entries for the past three or so years and dispute anything that you find inaccurate. Then review your credit scores for a small fee at If your median is in or above the mid 600s, keep managing your credit well.

In addition, you could attend a home buying class with a HUD certified Housing Counseling Agency. Doing so may make you eligible for the new FHA Homeowners Armed With Knowledge (HAWK) program that helps to get the mortgage insurance premium on your mortgage lowered, which could reduce your closing costs. The eight hour class usually includes two hours of one-on-one counseling with you to understand your wants and needs so that you can get the right loan, property and quality of life that you deserve.

Also be mindful that a large portion of Ringgold qualifies for the USDA Mortgage (100% financing).

If you've confirmed that your credit score is in the mid 600s, then I would recommend contacting a mortgage lender. Otherwise, you'll have a hard inquiry on your credit history which could lower your score.

I hope that this information and the graphic chart at the link below help you better understand the process.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 14, 2013
Crawford Mcdonald answered:
Thu Aug 23, 2012
chris oliver answered:
You have the right to choose your attorney but the bank will insist on using theirs & that will control the hud usually. This would make it advisable to try to negotiate some closing costs in your offer. Generally, the banks want the buyers to pay all closing costs but may negotiate anyway. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Michael Williams answered:
I am sorry to hear that it has taken so long to get a functional bathroom, must be tough!! The answer lies in the lease - did you sign a lease? Read through the lease carefully and find out if it mentions anything about renovations and the remedy period in which those renovations are taking place. I have seen landlords use a clause that guarantees a problem will be fixed within a certain number of days and no rent is due until the situation is resolved. If I can help further, send me an email at Thanks! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Usually never, if the landlord is violating the lease say by not fixing the heat, the tenant then withholds the rent until it is fixed, when it is fixed that rent is then due. It would be rare that the tenant would not have to pay rent as long as they occupy the property. You could always get advice from an attorney on any special laws for your state. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice