Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Dakota County : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 237
Steve Norton, Real Estate Pro in Mendola Heights, MN
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Steve Norton answered:
844 Cheri Lane , Mendota Heights, MN 55120
Status: Sold
List Price: $294,900
Sold Price: $283,000
Seller Cont: $0
Original List Price: $314,000
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Simon Campbe…, Real Estate Pro in Miami Beach, FL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Simon Campbell answered:
A California borrower only has a right of redemption if the property is foreclosed through the court system in a judicial foreclosure. The redemption period is set by the court and is no longer than one year. However, most California foreclosures are non judicial foreclosures and borrowers have no right of redemption in non judicial California foreclosures.

California homeowners usually have one year, or 365 days, to redeem their property after it is foreclosed on. At that time, the original owner will need to make payment in full of the sum of the unpaid loan plus costs one (1) year after foreclosure sale unless the original lender made a full price bid then that period is shortened to three (3) months.

Simon Campbell -
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
De Vonte Wil…, Real Estate Pro in East Point, GA
Sun Nov 11, 2012
De Vonte Williamson answered:
If this is in reference to Real Estate, you do need a licence. Check out this website for additional information;

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Mobile: (631)384-3695
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Susan Hoffla…, Real Estate Pro in Shoreview, MN
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Susan Hofflander answered:
Hi, Ty!
I would apply for the permits and find out what the inspector has to say.

And, just because there is a legitimate ceiling height factor doesn't mean you can't use spaces in your home for whatever you like. There are many 1 1/2 story homes that have upper level spaces with rather low ceiling height, but many home owners use the spaces for bedrooms or offices or whatever.

It would come in to play when you go to sell. Make sure you disclose that the those spaces might be considered "non-conforming". That usually spells it out to those who are inquiring!!

Good luck~
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Christopher…, Real Estate Pro in Bloomington, MN
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Christopher Block answered:
A lot of good answers here below me. I will just say that Banks pretty much either price the homes competitively (where you get multiple offers within 15 days), OR they overprice the house and then systematically do price adjustments until they receive an offer they like. Banks are screwy so I do not believe your are being naive at all.

In the end the best way to know is to do a CMA of the property and come up with a value. For you it is imperative to add in REPAIR COSTS into the equation as an added layer.

Yes a Realtor does get paid by the seller and not the buyer, so if you feel more comfortable getting help by one of us down the road Trulia does a great job of having a detailed agent directory you can browse through.

Happy House Hunting!

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Cameron Piper, Real Estate Pro in Forest Lake, MN
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Cameron Piper answered:

Thank you for reaching out to me last night and this morning about this matter. I did find a couple of websites that might help you find a place.

Finally, the best place to look is always Craigslist. I set up the following search in the rental section for you and did my best to include only section 8 units. You can view the link by clicking below.

Good Luck

Cameron Piper
Coldwell Banker Burnet
licensed MN Real Estate Broker
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Paulette Ger…, Home Owner in Virginia
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Paulette Gerten answered:
3448 70th Court E is available the 1st of October. Contact Lakes Sotheby, Matt Carlson or Darren Spencer
Matt Carlson | Darren Spencer
Broker Associate | REALTOR®
Lakes Sotheby's International Realty
3217L Galleria | Edina, MN 55435
c 612.791.2345 | f 612.435.4290
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Charles Dail…, Real Estate Pro in St Paul, MN
Tue Aug 28, 2012
Charles Dailey answered:
With a credit score that high, you should consider doing a 1 time financed buyout of the mortgage insurance. You can do it with 5% down and finance the buyout on top of the loan up to 97%. See the web reference below for more information and let me know if you need any help. I'm just down in St. Paul. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
ptsservices1…, Other/Just Looking in Mobile, AL
Thu Aug 23, 2012
ptsservices1978 asked:
About PTS Services
PTS Services is your property maintenance experts for hire. We will solve all your problems in a timely and professional manner. We are experienced and knowledgeable…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Christopher…, Real Estate Pro in Bloomington, MN
Wed Aug 15, 2012
Christopher Block answered:
I would need to know what is in the contract, but ultimately it is sounds like you are pretty early in the game and should be fine. It just depends on how the current company responds. If you are honest and upfront I don't see why they would not grant your wishes.

... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Elizabeth Fu…, Real Estate Pro in Wayzata, MN
Sun Aug 12, 2012
Elizabeth Fuller answered:
Yes, but the schedules vary, depending on your point of origination and destination. There are express busses to both Minneapolis and St. Paul and there may be some options for connecting to the current and coming light rail systems. Call or look on the website for the city, for the metropilian council and public transit should be listed. Liz 612-986-4105 ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Christine Ro…, Real Estate Pro in Coon Rapids, MN
Mon Jul 2, 2012
Christine Rocheford answered:
This question has been common in the last couple of months. If you have a cash to purchase a HUD home Great! My next question is are you able to provide a Proof of Funds letter from a bank? You will need to have either a pre-approval (typically when financing) or a proof of funds letter to get your offer into an "accepted" state should they select your offer.

I have had a few that don't have bank accounts so the proof of funds becomes more difficult. Then at closing time you have to wire the funds so you need a bank account at some bank as the closing company for HUD no longer takes cash. I know crazy, the closing company for the government doesn't take cash any how any way.

Hope this helps you in your purchase, if you don't have an agent already be sure to ask home many accepted offers they have had that where HUD Homes.

Chris Rocheford
Keller Williams Realty Integrity NW
Licensed MN Realtor
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Donald James, Real Estate Pro in Edina, MN
Tue May 29, 2012
Donald James answered:
Good Morning Saver,
The property you are asking about is not identified. Normally when Realtors speak of the monthly payment they are speaking of PITI (Principle, Interest, property Tax, and homeowner's Insurance). Some mortgage companies state their monthly payments as PI only. It is good that you noticed the difference. Call us with the address and we will forward all the facts about this home and homes in the area. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Brian Hurt,  in Inver Grove Heights,...
Tue May 22, 2012
Brian Hurt answered:
Hi CJ,

I would be happy in helping you with any questions you may have. If there is certain information you are looking for, let me know and I will answer it as best I can.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Jeff Scislow, Real Estate Pro in Apple Valley, MN
Sun May 20, 2012
Jeff Scislow answered:
There will be many homes that match that criteria. You may find yourself needing to refine some details and for that I have a great recommendation: My home search App for iPhone & Android will allow you to enter your criteria and search using the GPS on your phone - perfect for finding listings while you are on the go. When you see a for sale sign, you can obtain specific property information for ANY listing including price, photos, beds, baths, square footage, etc.

You can download it for free in one of two ways:

1. Visit:

2. Text "zoom" to (612) 223-7700
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Rick Thram, Real Estate Pro in Savage, MN
Sun May 20, 2012
Rick Thram answered:
There are many 5BR homes to choose from in these areas but not many in the lower price points. Inventory has waned and competition for homes is high, so get an aggressive Realtor that can guide you through the process and find the right home for you! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Teresa Board…, Real Estate Pro in Saint Paul, MN
Thu May 17, 2012
Teresa Boardman answered:
$26 dollars. If you want to know the taxes for a specific property go to: That is the county web site and the source of all public tax information. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
... 5 6 7 8 9 ...
Search Advice