Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Cuyahoga County : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 116
Fri Dec 1, 2017
Christine Pappas answered:
Call a title company and they can tell you.

Christine Pappas
RE/MAX Results
440) 497-0631
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 26, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
This depends if you are married in a community property state. As a guideline, you are not legally responsible for the home and you will not have your credit tarnished if the home forecloses since you're not on the loan. However, in some states where marital assets are community property, the laws are different. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jul 16, 2017
Shawntthomas72 asked:
Hello. My agent recently put an offer in for a bank own home on June 9th 2017, but contract is stating all funds in escrow by July 20th, tittle transfer on or before July 25, 2017. Why is…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 12, 2017
Raizy asked:
Tue Jul 4, 2017
Eli And Zeina Nader asked:
Wed Feb 22, 2017
jdross asked:
Looking to buy a foreclosure as an owner/occupier. The home we like is in a great area, and has been on market just over 2 weeks. It is listed at $200k currently, and is a big home but needs…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 30, 2017
C Perry asked:
for $80k Opening bid $53k. Only liens: $40k equity line, $12k taxes. I've read from some that the bank will just try to cover the debt - which is clearly lower than the opening bid.…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 12, 2016
Happycamper847 answered:
BEWARE of Shaker Club condos

Most units are ABANDONED as a result of the recent changes. Renting them is a no-no so they're eerily empty; wanna bet they aren't haunted? The board president JG thinks he's a genius for inventing this. The other unit's are up for foreclosure. You get the picture.

The management thinks they own you, will go into your unit anytime you're out and shut your heat down for good. No telling how but the fact remains. Nothing you can do and the management knows this well.

Street parking is a nightmare, and garage parking is available at a whopping $1,000 a year - who can afford that?? Whoever's collecting the one grand, is tax-free.

The place is a mess. Still want to move it? Do at your own risk.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 6, 2016
MCM_STL answered:
If you really want to wreck your credit with a foreclosure, you just stop paying your mortgage. It's that easy. The bank will come after you soon enough.

If I were you though, I'd reach out to a real estate agent and find out if you can sell your house for enough to at least break even. If your home just appraised for enough for you to cash out that much equity, perhaps you can sell it, save your credit and move elsewhere. If you price it right, you can sell faster than your lender would foreclose. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 19, 2016
MCM_STL answered:
It depends on where in the process the home is. If you're buying at the foreclosure auction, it's entirely sight unseen so there is no way to inspect anything.

If the house fails to sell at the auction, ownership is transferred to the lender who will end up listing the home with an agent. If you use's search tools, these homes are normally designated as "bank owed". Those houses can be inspected. It's very rare that the bank will make any repairs resulting from the inspection but you can and should get one for your own peace of mind. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 7, 2015
Crawfordimnrn asked:
Fri Dec 4, 2015
Karen Peyton answered:
To buy a foreclosure you need two professionals, and lender and a real estate agent. Getting pre-qualifed for a mortgage is your first step, working with a Realtor who will guide you through the process and paperwork enroute to home ownership is the second. Just two steps. Both are necessary.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 7, 2015
saundra.kellogg asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 27, 2015
mybluestocean asked:
I am selling a house in a land contract deal and the person and he is taking advantage and not making his payments. I am elderly and living in assisted living on a limited income. I need…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 16, 2015
Mark's Of Excellence Team answered:
You need to contact an admin at Trulia.
Mark's of Excellence Team
Re/Max Traditions
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 22, 2015
Simon Campbell answered:
You can head down to the County Register of Deed's office and pull up the recorded documents on that property. That will give you a rough idea of what is happening. Don't expect to learn much more since foreclosure is a confidential process - that is until the property goes up for auction. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice