what is the average cost of lawn maintenance including additional costs for mulch, fertilizer, grass seed and?

Asked by Julie Forte, 10708 Thu Jul 24, 2008

flowers for a very small lawn-about .1 acre

Answers

12
Priscilla To…, Agent, Bronxville, NY
Wed Jul 14, 2010
Hi Julie -- It should cost you $200/month or less. If you need the names and numbers of local lawn care people, please check out my website for Bronxville Area Service Providers.
Jeff and Gin…, Agent, Vero Beach, FL
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Your lawn costs vary considerably according to the area where you reside. A northern climate would entail fewer times the lawn needs to be mowed than a similar sized lawn in Florida, where the cost for full service lawn maintenance varies between $150 to $200 a month depending on the type of turf, the amount of actual lawn versus the number of bushes and trees that require year round fertilizing and trimming. Perhaps that sounds discouraging until you factor in that snow removal is free of charge in Vero Beach, Florida.
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Your best bet is to call around to some local landscapers and see what they charge. I have a 1/4 acre and have paid $2000 for a season and am now paying $135/month.
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com
Austin Parta…, Agent, Milton, MA
Thu Feb 26, 2015
Call a few landscapers to come over and give you a quote. That's the best way to find out. They will answer your questions and help you find something that meets your criteria, visibly and financially.
Caleb Hart, Renter, Orem, UT
Wed Feb 25, 2015
It depends on your square footage and the provider's rates for square footage. You don't just want to go with the cheapest provider though. Some use better fertilizers and do a better job for more money, and that can actually save you money in the long run. Have you tried asking your neighbors? http://www.valentinolawncare.net/services
Gerald Vonbe…, Home Buyer, Jackson Springs, NC
Fri Feb 20, 2015
I'd imagine that the cost depends on the package you get. There are probably a bunch of different options you can get from different companies. You can probably get mulch and fertilizer at reasonable prices if you get them from a home improvement store or if you find the right lawn care services. http://www.johnsonscc.com/services1
Myersjulie31, Home Buyer, Blakeslee, PA
Tue Jan 13, 2015
I think that if you are wanting to have a good lawn care service, it might be a bit more expensive, and with all the services you are wanting, I would say that it might be a bit more expensive. However, I think that if you get a good service, it will really help to get your lawn looking really nice. Especially if you get new grass and flowers, it will be really help to make your home look great on the outside! http://www.headmanlawncare.com/Page_2.html
karablader, Home Buyer, Utah County, UT
Thu Jun 19, 2014
It can vary a lot depending on the size of your lawn and what you have to maintain. If you have a garden then costs will go up. If you have to re-plant flowers or bushes than it will go up even more. Mowing doesn't cost much, except for the initial cost of a lawn mower.
Tommyboy, Renter, Buchanan, NY
Thu Apr 19, 2012
GOT LOW CHEAP PRICES ALL THROUGHOUT WESTCHESTER AND OTHER SURROUNDING NEIGHBORHOOD COUNTIES. WE ARE WILLING TO TAVEL WHERE NEED BE. WE DO FALL CLEANUPS, LAWN MOWS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR THAT GET BILLED AT THE END OF EVERY MONTH. WE ARE DO ALL SORTS OF MULCHING, WEEDING, AND OTHER GARDEN CLEANUPS. WE CAN PLANT YOUR PLANTS AND ANYTHING ELSE NEEDED IN THE GARDEN WE ALSO DO STICK AND ROCK REMOVALS TO TURN UP DIRT AND THROW GRASS SEED DOWN AND MAINTAIN IT TO MAKE A NEW LAWN. WE ALSO CUT DOWN SMALL TREES AND DO ANY OTHER RUBBISH REMOVAL NEEDED. LASTLY WE DO DRAINGE PPES AND ANY OTHER WATER DRAINS AND ALSO LEAF CLEANUP.

WE HAVE THE LOWEST PRICES AROUND ANF ARE WILLING TO MEET THE PRICE OF ANY OTHER COMPANY WE WOULDS LOVE TO MOW YOUR LAWN WITH OUR COMMERCIAL MOWER TO MAKE IT LOOK PROFESSIONAL. WE ARE AN ALL AMERICAN CREW THAT WORKES HARD AND DOES GREAT WORK IF YOU ARE INTERESTED YOU CAN CALL (914) 403-3680. IF I DONT ANSWER LEAVE A MESSAGE AND I WILL CALL YOU BACK AS SOON AS I CAN
A Green Oasis, , Jacksonville Heights, Jacksonville, FL
Sun Jun 26, 2011
As A landscape provider in N.E. Florida, we have two service plan levels. The Basic plan entails twenty-six visits or every two weeks year round and costs $110 per month. The Standard plan entails forty-two visits or every week in the summer and every two weeks in the winter and costs $175 per month. Nutrient management and shrub shaping are a separate cost structure. Chemical spraying for weed & insect control require specific state and local license requirements. Be sure your contractor is fully licensed and insured.

- A Green Oasis
agreenoasis@yahoo.com
Gladys Viru…, Agent, Scarsdale, NY
Fri May 20, 2011
Depends on the amount of land and maintenance needed. Gladys 914 589 2455
Kerry Scott,…, , Redding, CA
Mon Jul 28, 2008
I agree with Jeff & Ginny. Landscaping & land maintenance costs can vary greatly, depending on the area in which you live, the weather, the type of terrain.. even the access to the site (can the landscaper access the site directly by truck, or do they have to move materials to something smaller, like a wheelbarrow, to get it to the right spot?). Here in Northern California, maintenance for a typical lot in a subdivision can run $100-200 per month. For more rural type properties with a little acreage, the price may be considerably higher. I would suggest calling a few local landscapers and get some bids before you agree on any company.. In these tough times, some may be willing to cut their normal rate, just to have the steady work. And I'd also recommend driving by a few of their current jobs, so you can see their work for yourself.