Why don't realtors get together and assign all newagents with listing agents? I feel like we should actually work in the best interest of

Asked by Joseph Park, San Francisco, CA Mon Nov 9, 2009

clients? 94107

Answers

3
Eileen Bermingham’s answer
Eileen Bermi…, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue Nov 10, 2009
Hi Joseph--I think a lot of companies have mentor programs in place. My company, Pacific Union, requires new agents to work with a mentor for the first two buyer/seller transactions. This is good for the client & the real estate company.

There seem to be less new agents getting into the industry these days, but those who are considering
jumping in should definitely find/get paired up with a mentor.
Web Reference:  Http://insidesfre.com
Jed Lane, Agent, Petaluma, CA
Tue Nov 10, 2009
Why just with listing agents?

Most brokerages have those systems in place and every good manager will appraise the newbie's talents and recommend a course of action for that agent. Sice we are all independant contracotrs and having a mentor means sharing commissions some agents decide to not take advantage of mentors.

Some broker managers act as the mentor to all new agents since they are already getting a large split.

Having a knowledgeable agent is always in the best interest of the client yet everyone of us had to do our first and second transaction somehow to get started. You need a resource and an understanding that just because you got your license there is much more to your fiduciary duty and good client service than what we learned in class.
When was the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo anyway and why is it important to California real estate?
Michelle Hall, Agent, Westminster, CO
Tue Nov 10, 2009
Hi Joseph,
I think you are talking about a "mentor" relationship. At Keller Williams all new agents are given a mentor that will oversee their work for atleast the first three deals. I agree that a program such as that is in everyone's best interests.
If you ever have questions you are welcome to call, text or email:
Michelle Hall
Keller Williams Preferred Realty
720-394-4620
michellehall3@comcast.net
http://michellehall.yourkwagent.com