Who can I complain about a street being hazardous in Freeport?

Asked by Marlee, Roosevelt, NY Mon May 11, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rosie West’s answer
Rosie West, , Freeport, NY
Thu Feb 4, 2010
Call Freeport Department of Public Works and they will let you know who is responsible for a specific street.
The street in question could be the responsibility of either The Incorporated Village of Freeport, The Town of Hempstead, Nassau County or the State of New York. For example, Sunrise Highway is maintained by New York State and Merrick Rd. is maintained by Nassau County.
Hope that help you.
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon May 11, 2009
Depends on who has jurisdiction on the particular street, is it a county or state road, etc.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Curb Appeal in Popular Freeport Neighborhoods

Email me when…

Learn more