What's the best way to get a victorian washed? We own a small 5 unit building in SF and it gets dirty within

Asked by Fred, San Francisco, CA Tue Dec 25, 2007

a couple of months. I would like to find a service that would come out an wash our property say 4 times a year. The building is so pretty, the tenants pay enough they should have a clean building to enjoy, anyone have a suggestion for us? Thanks in advance, Fred

Answers

4
Jason Allen-…, Agent, Palm Springs, CA
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Hey there Fred,

I appreciate this answer is three years after you posted your question. I just happened to do a keyword search for "Victorian" and stumbled upon it. First, I'm wondering about your success with washing your building. Second, I noticed no here mentioned the risks of using a non-professional, such as scarring old-growth redwood siding. Please post here what you've done/ Thanks.

Jason
Melanie Nard…, , San Francisco, CA
Wed Dec 26, 2007
Hi Fred,
When you get ready to repaint the building you may want to consider a new paint that is being produced in Japan that uses sun to break down the dirt on buildings which then gets washed away in the rain. Just a thought. Feel free to contact me at melanie@condocontessa.com should you need additional referrals for washing.
Cheers!
Melanie
Tue Dec 25, 2007
Hi Fred, I've got a guy that will do it for very cheap. The work is great. Shoot me an email.
Web Reference:  http://www.gregorygarver.com
Sally Rosenm…, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue Dec 25, 2007
Dear Fred,

Lots of people power wash buildings either via a cleaning service or as a "handyman." They do windows and the outside of the building. You can make arrangements with them to come out on a regular basis. I would be happy to provide names and telephone numbers if you email me directly.

Happy New Year!
Sally
Web Reference:  http://www.sallyrosenman.com