What has been done about preserving Camelback Mountain? Will (does) this affect home prices on the mountain?

Asked by Abby, Scottsdale, AZ Thu Aug 9, 2007

I am a third generation Phoenix native and I live on the foot of Camelback. I know that in recent years the upsurge in building on Camelback Mountain has come under fire from environmentalists. I haven't heard what the government is doing to possibly preserve that beautiful camel in the middle of the city, and would really like to know.

Answers

1
Paul Slaybau…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Aug 9, 2007
Very good question, Sunny. With the recent abomination that the town of PV has allowed at Tatum and Lincoln where the old La Posada once stood (now Montelucia), it does make you question the local leadership. I believe the very upper reaches of Camelback are still off limits, but I cannot say this with absolute certainty. With property values along the mountain being about as pricey as the Valley gets, I see it as a tug-of-war between maintaining the integrity of that value and maximizing the revenue by permitting more high end construction. Personally, I would like to see as much of this beautiful mountain remain untouched as possible.
Web Reference:  http://rayandpaul.com