If you have a 2 and half bathroom, is it wise to turn one full bath into a 3/4 bath with a large shower?

Asked by Jeffery Simon, Fridley, MN Sun Feb 17, 2008

Answers

5
Metropolitan…, Agent, Edina, MN
Sun Feb 17, 2008
For resale on your home you will want to have as many full baths as possible. However, you also have to enjoy the home because it is yours. If you would preferr having a large walk-in shower, odds are another person in the future will agree with you. My point is that you should do what makes you happy, but in regards to this question I don't think you will have a problem selling the home if it has a nice 3/4 bath with a large walk-in shower. If you have any other questions I am always here to help. Feel free to click on the web reference below to get in touch with me. Good Luck
Kimo Stowell, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Sat Mar 28, 2009
Aloha Jeffery,

Without knowing why you would want to reduce a full bath to 3/4, I would hesitate to do so. If the Bathroom is dated, a 3/4 make over might improve the value but typically buyers are looking for full baths.
Todd Norsted, Agent, Maple Grove, MN
Tue Apr 29, 2008
Jeffrey,

Good question! Full baths are preferential always, however if you plan to stay in the home awhile, remodel it to your taste. It would really help to know where the baths are, home layout, etc.. If this bath is in the master and you're removing a standard tub, it may not make a big difference, but if this would be the bath that services most of the bedrooms (kid's rooms) in the house, I would definitely not recommend it. It would help to know a little more about your home, but I hope what I wrote helps.

Thanks, Todd Norsted
Web Reference:  http://www.toddnorsted.com
Mary Leizing…, Agent, Eden Prairie, MN
Tue Apr 29, 2008
A remodel project that ends up with no bathtub in the house may not be the best idea for resale as there are plenty of people who are bath people rather than shower people, and people with small children need a tub. If you want to remodel your bath, focus on putting in a beautiful tile tub surround, vanity, sink, countertop and faucet. Don't forget to think "green" and ensure your faucet has a arieator, the shower head has a flow rate of less than 2.5 gallons per minuet and adding one of the new dual flush toilets is a great touch as well in this environmentally concious world. There are great new energy star bath fans and don't forget to use energy saving compact flourescent bulbs in the light fixture. Check out recycled glass countertops, they are as beautiful as granite. Best wishes.
Nate Roise, , Minneapolis, MN
Sun Feb 17, 2008
Walk in showers continue to grow in popularity and acceptance. Keep one bathtub to make sure your home will appeal to buyers with kids. See this link for how walk in showers are becoming more common in hotels: http://www.hoteldesignmagazine.com/hoteldesign/Bath+Trends/B…
Web Reference:  http://www.nathanroise.com