Curb Appeal in Mamaroneck>Question Details

Bjc, Home Owner in Mamaroneck, NY

How much does it cost to take down a 30 foot/ 20 inch oak tree in the larchmont area?

Asked by Bjc, Mamaroneck, NY Fri Nov 25, 2011

Answers

4
Hi -

I am a listing agent for relocation inventory properties, and often have to get three quotes to submit to my company before having any major work done. Since the properties can be all over the county, I have found I can easily do this by going online to http://www.servicemagic.com. I will get responses from local vendors, and will get more than one quote. It gives me an opportunity to see who responds quickly - I once had a tree removed from a property by one companies before another company even got back to me, and I was very happy with their service.

Sally Griffiths, GRI
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Weichert, Realtors
Rye, NY

914-419-2655 (cell)
sgriffiths@weichert.com
Web Reference: http://sallykgriffiths.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 26, 2011
You'd have to check with a couple of local tree services. (Make sure they're licensed and bonded. That's a big tree.)

My experience is that it's likely to run more than Laura suggested. Maybe more like $1,200-$1,500, maybe even more. But you may be quoted something entirely different. One point: If you get widely varying quotes (for instance, $800 and $2,500) get another few quotes. It's possible that one of them is substantially "off," but you don't really know which one.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Hello Bjc,
Yes, you need to check with the town to determine if a permit is required to have the tree removed or if you even can do so.

As Anna states, contact a few tree removal contractors to obtain a free estimate on the work. However; it's been my experience that taking down a tree that large may run in the $750-$1100 price range depending on how easily the contractors can get their needed equipment to the tree.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Check with the village for any possible necessary permits beforehand; for an accurate picture of costs, contact a few local tree removal companies and ask for free estimates.