Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Cupertino : Real Estate Advice

  • All201
  • Local Info26
  • Home Buying101
  • Home Selling16
  • Market Conditions11

Activity 12
Fri Oct 20, 2017
Shane answered:
1400 sq ft house 1/8 inch crack around entire foundation. What is a ballpark cost for this kind of repair???
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 30, 2017
Greg Mcconnell answered:
Mon Nov 28, 2016
Ybarramartinezn answered:
Looking to buy. But a lot of properties have flooding in the yards.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 19, 2015
Sam Shueh answered:
You post it in the most expensive part of California while you are from AZ.
Both needing permits.
1st one is over 10K, as for pool the excavation, permit, and concrete work can go over $50K easily.

In Santa Clara County I do not believe you can operate one this year. Water rationing...

Sam Shueh
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 20, 2015
Michelle Carr-Crowe answered:
I can recommend several good contractors-just text me offline at 408-252-8900
Michelle Carr-Crowe
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 12, 2015
Arpad Racz answered:
Hi RG,

Did you get the project underway? If you still need an architect, I can point you to a local one. Please feel free to email me.

Kind regards,

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 19, 2014
Mitul Patel answered:
Hi Homebuyer,

I believe 20'X20' is building code.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 29, 2014
Timber Creek Construction answered:
Get in touch with me and we can discuss your ideas, see what your budget is, and help you decide which way to go.
I have been building and remodeling in this area for the last 25 years, and doing tear down / re-builds for the last 10.
Many times it is actually cheaper and less headaches to do the rebuild than a major remodel.

Raymond Sinsley
Timber Creek Construction
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 4, 2013
Tracy Marchese answered:
Sun Dec 12, 2010
Robert Lei answered:
Cutting right to your question, you need to get approval from the HOA first, then the permit from the city.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Timber Creek Construction answered:
Very easy if it is not structural work, most of the time over the counter.
But when you start adding on and moving walls and such you will need a architect & structural engineer involved.
But at that point, the architect will know all the city's guidelines.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Remodel & Renovate in Popular Cupertino Neighborhoods