Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Culpeper County : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Sun Apr 26, 2015 asked:
the house across the street just went on the market so that's when I noticed that your info was incorrect on our home. We settled on our home Dec 1st 2014. They did not say in the listing…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 14, 2014
Gloria Scheer MacNeil answered:
Yes, There are several homes and apartments available for under $1000 per month. Most are 2 Bedrooms and 1 bath and some will even accept pets and a case by case basis.
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 15, 2014
Letitia (Tish) Smyth answered:
I only have the one that is 1400. I do not manage property, I just help the owner find a tenant.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 11, 2013
Djordje Golub answered:
I heard it has ghosts...please ask educated questions
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Lori Jeltema answered:
Yes, this was fair and Cindy is correct. The agent representing the bank (or Realtor if it was a Realtor) is responsible to the seller, not buyers.There are often bid periods on these homes that are dictated by the seller but the bottom line is that they have the right to sell to whomever they want if it means a larger net or an easier sale for them. If the property seemed to need a lot of work to fix it up, as you mentioned, then possible it would require a 203k or investor type loan or cash to purchase. Real estate isn't like buying an item off a store shelf, - it's a product that is put out there to procure the highest offer at the best possible terms for the seller/owner.

Stay connected with an agent/Realtor who can represent you and have the process explained to you upfront and go over a few scenarios with your agent on how the whole thing can play out. Good luck and I hope you find what you need!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Steven Ramey answered:
A short sale is when the Lender(s) will receive short of what they are owed when the property sells. A Seller, in financial distress, contacts their Lender's Loss Mitigation Department, answers questions, provides required proof of documentation asked of them, then hopefully gets short sale approval. The closer you offer to full price, which is usually listed under market value, the more chance you have of getting it approved by the Seller's Lender. A short sale can take one month to get approval after a ratified contract with the sellers, but is not unusual to take 3-5 months or more, with not response to your offer in the meant-time. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 30, 2012
Maria Cipollone answered:
Depending on your credit score. Minimum credit score requirement depend on which FHA loan product the applicnt needs. Normally, the minimum credit score to get an FHA loan is 580. Your best option will be contacting a mortgage broker that can review all your documents and advice you.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Ellen Butters answered:
Yes! And I just see Paula gave a very thorough answer. I would echo her advice to call Columbia gas to get specifics. Have you considered the use of propane to heat your home? We have a number of homes in Culpeper as their heat source. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 18, 2012
Chris Ognek answered:
I might be able to help. Property is south of Culpeper towards Lake Anna on 10 acres. . Will be a renovated farm home. We can potentially design it for main level master. $350-400k price range. We can talk more if you like - ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 22, 2011
Chris Ognek answered:
If its a VA or FHA loan, you may be able to do a streamline refinance with no appraisal requirement.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 7, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Have you considered directly contacting the school with all your questions...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 8, 2011
Elliott R. Oliva answered:
The state of Virginia has some programs available and you can read more here:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 15, 2010
Vicky Chrisner answered:
Liza, you have indicated you are both a seller and a buyer. As a seller, how much are you willing to come down on price if it is a cash sale? In my experience, traditional sellers really don't care where you're getting the money, so long as you're getting the money. Maybe they will leave a tiny bit of cash on the table for a non-contingent offer (which is not what you said, but what I am assuming you mean), but it won't be much. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 26, 2009
Steve Jeppesen answered:
100% financing is still available thru the USDA Rural Development. The seller can pay all your closing costs allowing you to buy a home with no money down. USDA Home Loans are the best option out there. Go here for your answers.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 29, 2008
Vicky Chrisner answered:
I agree with the previous answer. But, make sure you think through the full consequences. If they are tenant homes, and your family, for whatever reasons in the next few generations, WANTS to sell the farm, or portions of it, it will be likely be more valuable if it has been subdivided. It sounds like your intention is to keep the farm in one parcel for as close to enternity as possible, and that is respectable. However, you don't know what surprises life and society might bring to your children and grandchildren. Obviously, you love your children and want to help provide for their futures or you would not be considering this.

Talk through the various ramifications with not just a zoning attorney but also a real estate attorney. And, if possible, find someone with a good crystal ball who can help you foresee the future (lol).
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 4, 2007
Pam Eng answered:
I am a realtor and would be glad to provide you with a listing of all rentals in the area along with their features and price. You can reach me at 703.618.6036 any time or by email at or
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Popular Cities in Culpeper County