we are looking at a cottage in the swifts beach area & just checked out the crime map on trulia.all that red is somewhat concerning!any feedback?

Asked by Norma, Wareham, MA Tue Jun 12, 2012

Answers

3
April M. Barrows’ answer
April M. Bar…, , Wareham, MA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
I have been a resident of Wareham for 37 years and raised 4 children my husband works for the town as do I . This towns crime rate is no more than any other now do to the bad eccomomy. I still would not leave this town . i love the small town feel where everyone knows everyone and the summer fun activities that the town provides, it is a great place for my children to grow up and the cultures continue to grow..
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Tue Jun 12, 2012
I agree with Scott, check with the local law enforcement to confirm the report.
Web Reference:  http://territory.com
Scott A. Nel…, , 02155
Tue Jun 12, 2012
You should really consult with the local police department to find out from an authoritative source. Vacation areas can sometimes have high crime report data due to the transient nature of it's inhabitatants, the number of vacant/unoccupied properties and depending on the place a "party" atmosphere that garners more police attention. This is why asking the local police department would be the best source to see what types of crimes are reported and responded to. Are they medical calls, loud noise disturbance, loitering, public drinking or more serious types of "criminal" activity like assaults, theft, property damage etc.

Hope that helps,