single 55 year old looking for nice safe neighborhood in phoenix

Asked by Carmakat, Phoenix, AZ Sun Oct 10, 2010

Answers

6
The Urban Te…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sun Oct 10, 2010
Dear Carmakat... great user name by the way.

I won't belabor the Fair Housing concerns... already been addressed by others. We tend to look at lifestyle, ideal price point, driving distance concerns and other factors that pertain to how you like to live life.

Once you identify the areas that match your lifestyle with homes in your price range, a neighborhood that feels safe and nice to you can likely be found.

We have a very effective system in place that can help you identify your perfect neighborhood and we'd be delighted to help you. That's why our mission statement says... connecting people to the perfect place.
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Sun Oct 10, 2010
If you are eligible, 55+ planned communities are worth looking into if safety is a primary concern to you. However if you want more land or less of a cookie cutter subdivision, you need to expand your search. Good luck!
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Oct 10, 2010
If you are concerned about safety, do some homework of your own beforehand--your best source of information is the local police department, consider a visit/call and ask all your questions--they'll gladly help and you will have heard all firstand--real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods--also visit areas more than once and at different times of day, look at everything that is important to you, possibly chat with neighbors/locals, etc., then make your determination.
Jeffrey Masi…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Oct 10, 2010
Dear Carmkat:

I recommend looking at the City of Phoenix crime by zip code report. Study this in relation on how far you want to commute. Take a look this link at http://www.phoenix.gov/Police/ucr2009violentcrimes.pdf or ask your Realtor to show you the information.

There is no cost as a renter for you to use the services of a Realtor.

May I wish you the best.

Jeff Masich, Realtor
HomeSmart
http://JeffMasich.com
Christine Mc…, Agent, Pinetop, AZ
Sun Oct 10, 2010
You may want to check out gated communities in the area you are wanting to live. There are also some very nice 55+ communities in the Phoenix Metro area.
, ,
Sun Oct 10, 2010
Hi Carmakat,

As stated below, it is difficult for an agent to tell you these things (legally) other than point out areas that meet your "specific" needs, even then it gets really gray.. However, I am not an agent rather a loan officer for a national mortgage company. I am not bound by the same rules and can give you my personal opinion but it would be very helpful to know you specific needs. Also have you looked or considered at buying a home? The prices and payment are near equal to that of the rents in the greater Phoenix area.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

Ted Canto
480.650.8602
Web Reference:  http://www.tedcanto.com