Dan, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, OH

is new dorp beach considered a good area on a scale of 1-10?

Asked by Dan, Brooklyn, OH Sun Nov 25, 2007

is it a flood zone

Gail Gladstone’s answer
Because areas and schools are a matter of personal preference, Realtors are not allowed to comment; we can only be the source of the source. My best recommendation is to drive through the area and decide if you like the area; check for school ratings in many places...http://GailGladstone.com has school info as a link; We show houses...all houses to fit the buyer's stated reqirements.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2007
New Dorp is desirable area, with easy access to shopping centers, beaches, parks, schools, hospitals, and public transportation. In my personal opinion, I'd give it 9.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 20, 2007
Go to zipskinny.com for stats. I do believe this area is in a flood zone. Not a problem if house up high on land. Can be a beautiful area with ocean view. Zipskinny.com will show a lot of info for you.
You can also check with a home insurance co. for more info.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2007
Give me a call at (718) 698-2179 at Prosperity Real Estate Group, We are on Richmond ave as well, I can help you answer any questions you may have, this is not commitment to come with us. YOu can come and inquire about this even if you are already working with someone. Buying a properity is a constitutional right, and we are here to make sure you are not provided with erroneous information.

My Name is Caesar Galindo Office manager, and Law Student at CUNY Law School.
I am a Realtor here in Staten Island, and have lived in staten island. New Dorp Beach is a good community. I would rate it about 8 out of ten.
Oh, I see someone said what I wanted to say...I think New Dorp beach (and all the adjacent "beach" commuties, Oakwood Beach, Mildland Beach, South Beach, etc.) on Staten Island are very nice, convenient to transportation, nice bungalows (which are being knoocked over and turned into gaudy big houses) BUT---they are definitely flood zones. Come hurricane season, you might have a mini-Katrina on your hands. Better have a good insurance policy. On the other hand, most of Staten Island is very hilly and well above sea level and close by and you'll be able to escape with your life probably when the tsunami/hurricane/cyclone etc. hits you in New Dorp Beach-if you have enough advance warning. But you'll lose your valuables. At the very least, even without a cataclysmic disaster you are sure to get your basement flooded every few years if you live there--so better get a good pump and insurance policy.