is it safe to buy a house in garfield hts, I saw houses in range of 170k, is it safe for living with family?

Asked by Sreekanth, Cleveland, OH Wed Mar 26, 2008

Answers

4
Bob Kienast, Agent, North Royalton, OH
Thu Mar 27, 2008
Trulia has a link to crime statistics in all cities, I would recommend you check it out if it is of concern to you. I also tell many of my buyers it's a good idea, especially now that the weather is better, to walk a neighborhood that you intend to buy in at different times of the week. See if there are kids out, see how many families are out talking with each other, etc. The way the residents of a community interact has a huge impact on the "safety" issue.

If you are interested in a specific home, contact me with the address and I will be happy to set up an appointment for you.
Craig, Home Buyer, 44125
Sun Apr 20, 2008
I have lived in Garfield Heights for over five years and feel completely safe, although I can only speak to the Crofton Overlook neighborhood. It is a very quiet, family-friendly neighborhood. Garfield Heights is a very convenient place to live. I can get downtown or to most Cleveland suburbs within 20 minutes thanks to its central location and there are several parks within 5 minutes, including CVNP. The new shopping centers add to the convenience factor as well. There are a lot of great real estate values in Garfield Heights right now so I would look at some of the neighborhoods before ruling it out all together.
Joe, Home Buyer, Cleveland, OH
Sat Apr 19, 2008
I would stay away from Garfield Hts. It is becoming ghettoized VERY quickly. Crime is high , schools are dangerous and the city is going down fast. It is such a shame because this was once such a beautiful, safe, middle class community with cute well maintained homes.
Crime stats say it is average. Suppose that means everywhere else is getting bad too. We need the wall and more jobs...
Flag Sun Mar 6, 2016
April, Both Buyer And Seller, Potomac, MD
Thu Mar 27, 2008
Bob, you said that Trulia has a link to crime stats in all cities. Could you help me find it. It is probably right in front of my eyes and I am missing it but I am new to Trulia. Thanks.