is 5207 Nebraska Ave safe?

Asked by Cody, Maricopa, AZ Fri Jun 7, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3120940901-5207-Nebraska-Ave-…

Answers

3
Kyle Schulze, Agent, Omaha, NE
Fri Jun 7, 2013
It is a violation of real estate law for Realtors to comment on the crime statistics of a neighborhood as it is considered a form of steering. There are online resources, such as crimemapping.com, if you search for them. Sorry we cannot be of more help.

Kyle Schulze
The Tabai & Schulze Team
NP Dodge Real Estate
KSchulze@npdodge.com
402-699-2220
Mary Brookst…, Renter, Omaha, NE
Thu Aug 22, 2013
I would think it would depend on where you are from. I am an Omaha Native who has returned after many years of living in a big city. I would not personally live there but I am used to a suburban community with an income ratio exceeding $75,000 per year. I expect to pay well over $100,000 for a home and do not want an area with ANY measurable crime. It is possible to live in Omaha and live in an area where the crime consists of vandalism to a car not parked in a garage and minor break-ins rather than "occupied home invasions", rapes, murders and "car jackings". It is also important to determine if you will be purchasing or renting. I would suggest becoming familiar with an area and the city in general before you buy. If you are relocating for work, ask the people you work with where they live. That will provide you with a basis.

Take a look at the type of crime in the area and determine if that is an area you would be interested in making your home.
Sara Smith, Home Buyer, Omaha, NE
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Having grown up in Omaha, not far from there, I would say it is safe. If you are not used to city life or have issues with mixed race communities then it may not be for you. I would say the area has declined in the last 10 years, but then what neighborhood hasn't?