how safe is east mount airy section of philadelphia?

Asked by Hope, Conshohocken, PA Sat Mar 8, 2008

crime rate of east mount airy

Answers

4
Yve Banks, Agent, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Hi Hope,

As agents we cannot say one area is a bad area or a good area. What I can tell you is if you like that area or have a home in mind; you should go by there after work/school, at night and on the weekend. Then you'll know if you like the area. And that's any area. That's the best way to see if its going to be ideal for you.
Monir Mamoun, Agent, Denville, NJ
Fri Oct 1, 2010
Hi Hope, you should really check with the local Philly police and sheriffs departments for this data. They will have the most accurate information. A realtor can't really give you a fully "legal" opinion on this issue for a variety of reasons related to real estate laws and professional liability.

If you need a referral for a really great agent in your area, please contact me through the trulia form.
Amanda Saund…, Agent, Chestnut Hill, PA
Wed Aug 11, 2010
As an agent we can not comment on this question. I always tell my buyers to do their research on the web or buy a local paper where crime is reported.

http://www.saundersrealestatenow.com
Ggggg, , Philadelphia, PA
Sat Mar 28, 2009
My wife and I purchased a home in East Mount Airy 3.5 years ago. We are near Germantown and the Infusion coffee shop--on the east side. We've never had problems--and, we have young kids. East Mount Airy is a very diverse community with lots of middle-class WORKING families. Of course, there are some problem teenagers--but teenagers are difficult to escape--period. I would advise you to spend time walking around during the day and early evenings in the neighborhood to get a feel for it. Visit the shops and restaurants along Germantown between Mt. Pleasant and Mt. Airy. East Mt. Airy has many beautiful blocks and homes and loads of potential. And, home prices tend to be significantly less than on the west side. FYI, you can check out crime stats on UPenns website--great mapping feature.