how safe is a neighbourhood?crime stats...

Asked by Herwig, New York, NY Sun Feb 17, 2008

HEY I AM LOOKING INTO BUYING A APT IN BROOKLYN AROUND BROOKLYN COLLEGE... EG 2913 FORSTER AVE OR 41 STR KINGS HIGHWAY... 31 STREET... CK OUT THE NEIGHBOURGOOD AND DO NOT FEEL TO UNCOMFORTABE... (HEY WAS LIVING HARLEM IN A BETTER AREA AND THERE WAS STILL CRIME AND SHOOTINGS..... SAME NOW IN W. HEIGHTS) AND I HEAR MIXED THINGS ABOUT THIS AREA WHERE I AM LOOKING FOR. ARE THERE ANY WEBSITE/ OFFICES WHERE I CAN GET SOME INFO.....
WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER IT ... AN AREA WHAT GOES UP OR WILL GO DOWN...
EVERY IDEA -HELP IS GREATLY APPREACHIATED!!!!

Answers

1
Monir Mamoun, Agent, Denville, NJ
Fri Oct 1, 2010
Hi Herwig, you should really check with the local Brooklyn/NYPD police and sheriffs departments for this data. They will have the most accurate information. A realtor can't really give you a fully "legal" opinion on this issue for a variety of reasons related to real estate laws and professional liability.

If you need a referral for a really great agent in your area, please contact me through the trulia form.