Gerry Figuer…, Home Buyer in Port Saint Lucie, FL

how good is port saint lucie , fl good to live?

Asked by Gerry Figueroa, Port Saint Lucie, FL Sat Dec 15, 2012

Answers

10
Watch out for the cable companies. Mainly AT&T U-verse, Worst I've ever dealt with. Bill has never been what it was suppose to be. Found out 7 months of paying for Spanish networking that I never asked for in the first place. Would not give me credit for it after it was found out. Not good with following though with any credit given over phone. By the way , phone service sucks big time, take you back years.They are history when my times up. In fact they promise a lot over the phone. Never act on the promise's. I can advise you to stay clear of AT&T U-verse. Most other things I've found pretty good as far as service's go. Like the neighborhood. People I've meant here have been friendly. Like the weather just great. Came from PA. Haven't heard one good word about any of the cable or satellite service's. Did have to asked the former owner not to come around anymore. Careful very careful of who you hire to move you here. Especially if your moving long distance as I did. stay away from U.S. Van Lines. Thief's, broken things, rude people, movers thrashed bathroom at house I had moved from. And mis-used my cc to the tune of $300.00. Avoid them by all means. The also go by the name USA Movers.
hey terry, i live in camp hill pa. i went to school at cumberland valley. i'm sure you are familiar with the area. i would love to enjoy warm weather all year round, thanks for the input on the cable and moving companies. what brought you down to port st. lucie, and do you have any big regrets? thanks, brad
Flag Tue Dec 1, 2015
I have a good friend of 28 years down there. She built a beautiful custom home on the canal and after 5 years is looking to leave. Not much has changed down there but, to some other folks comments, it suffers the same "camaro" syndrome that Broward County did 25 years ago. Probably some acid washed jeans and gold chains still looming as well. Rednecks tanned like leather and still think they are in their twenties.

She has a whacked out neighbor that has vandalized her property but can't get it on film and the cops can do nothing. He's typical white trash. Works part time at odd jobs and mooches off his girlfriend who owns the house. There seems to be a bit of vandalism in the area from time to time but, like all of south Florida, everyone wants to speculate on the housing ergo the ridiculous and unjustified swings in real estate cost.

If you have a good pharmaceutical job or yet, another restaurant you might do okay. Otherwise, plan to drive 50-75 miles away, each way, to find decent employment. Ther e are just so few jobs in that county outside of caring for the elderly. It is, however, not overrun like West Palm, Stewart, Broward, and Dade. But, like all neighborhoods in south Florida, it will become rude over time and retardedly crowded. They just keep building, filling up the next square mile, and then repeat. You have to plan to move every 5 years to keep ahead of the high density crowd (read, apartments, townhouses and other "affordable" housing) that will eventually destroy your schools and real estate values. That's Florida real estate, period.

Oh, and the schools throughout 80 percent of the state suck. They just do. If you like the Simpsons and love Bart, that's what your son will likely turn out to emulate. A broad generalization but, Florida is not the place to raise kids unless mom is a stripper, and mom and dad like to gamble. That and retired folks.

Anything near south Florida is full of evil. Port saint lucie will join their ranks in 10-15 years. Tops. Now add the Chinese casino going up in adventura dahhhlingsuh and you'll get the idea. Pretty soon you'll need a passport to visit. Good luck.h
I agree with Allan Rosen. I've rented a home in Port St Lucie. They have a terrible school system, lack of jobs, the county is filled with red necks. This place is also home to Casey Anthony and few public criminals. Don't let these real estate company's sucker you into this area. Look into the Melbourne and Tequesta area
My husband and I just came back from PSL. A lot has changed, more stores and lots of infrastructure, but lack of INDUSTRIES. No high paying jobs are available if you are looking to re-locate. We lived in PSL in the late 90's and moved away because of lack of high paying jobs, still the same scenario 20 years later... Houses are ridiculously prices too for the value. Do your home work 1st.
Flag Tue Jun 16, 2015
Horrible boring place overloaded with he lowest lass rednecks I've ever seen. All the positive comments are fom realtwhores trying to sell you a house in this disgusting place
I meant lowest class rednecks. And, I live in PGA village, not in Texas
Flag Tue Jul 30, 2013
I agree the qustion depends on what your looking for. I have lived here for 23 years moving from Fort Lauderdale. The area has less crime and traffic but if your looking to stay out late and have clubs this might not be the area you are looking for. Our beaches and the river are some of the best along the coast as they have not been disturbed like other areas. I feel safe here and raised my daughters here. If you have kids there are magnet schools available that are good like Lincoln Park which is where my kids went. its a short ride to Jensen Beach and down town Fort Pierce which both have weekly events.
From a point of view from someone who isn't trying to rain on the realtors parade... It depends on if you have children or not. If you have kids.. don't come here. The school system, which I have to bite my tongue on most of things I say, is horrible. If you want your kids to learn the reason that the sky is blue because it reflects off the ocean, then by all means do it. Also, Port Saint Lucie is full of kids who are always getting in trouble. ALWAYS. Compared to some places it could be worse.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Hi Gerry,

All communities have their positives and negatives. A lot will depend on what kind of lifestyle you are used to and expecting. Your best bet is to come to Port Saint Lucie and visit for a while and get a feeling for the area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
Port Saint Lucie for the most part still has a small town feeling. You can't go to a store without running into a friend. The Beaches remain mostly non commercial which is so beautiful. It has grown alot in a little time but still has room to grow.
The question is subjective; A good place to live should be dictated/based on personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc.; does the area suit all your needs....for any crime/safety concerns, contact the local police department with all your questions....
Hi, Gerry,
Port St Lucie is a GREAT place to live!
You can live in Port St Lucie and drive to Jensen Beach, Stuart, the Intracoastal and Beaches in 10 to 20 minutes. You can drive to Jupiter, Palm Beach and the airport at West Palm Beach in 40 to 50 minutes. You can enjoy drive to Vero Beach, Sebastian and the pleasures of the Treasure Coast in 30 minutes. Port St Lucie has great shopping and good real estate values right now.
see All listings at http://www.BUY-SELL-RENT-FLORIDA.com
Call Julie Rosenthal (561)827-6789 Your "go-to" Port St Lucie Realtor
E-mail: julier6789@gmail.com
Property Brokers International
Another realtwhore trying to over sell a lousy redneck area with no jobs. If you see "agent" just ignore what these liars say.
Flag Sat Jul 9, 2016