do crimes ever happen alot around here?

Asked by Lovelife, Macon, GA Tue Mar 27, 2012

Answers

4
Dominick’s answer
Dominick, Home Owner, Houston County, GA
Thu May 3, 2012
If you are referring to Macon, the answer is yes. As with all communities, there will always be some sort of crime. Crime statistics are available through the police department if you want to do further investigating.

Dominick (retired MPD officer)
Priscilla Ha…, Agent, Powder Springs, GA
Tue Mar 27, 2012
You could also check out Trulia's home page at the bottom in the section that says "find schools, avoid crime"
Jonathan Rai…, Agent, Macon, GA
Tue Mar 27, 2012
Hi! This is more difficult to answer than you might think. One person's perception of a lot could be different than the next.

Comparing to the state average is a good idea. I've seen statistics for the entire county that show that some crimes are lower in our county than statewide, and other crimes are slightly higher. But, again, this can confuse your perception. Statistics are calculated different ways, and sometimes what one county counts as a crime, another county counts as a misdemeanor. There are also more crimes in some areas of the county versus other areas.

I know that doesn't help much, but if you could let us know what about the crime issue is important to you, we might be able to answer your question better.
Cheryl Talbot, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Tue Mar 27, 2012
You would really need to find out by going online to the local police reports to determine the crime rate. You can also call the police department to find out that information too. There are sites to determine offenders of any kind I do believe. Try there first. Good Luck