are the churches helping to stop the crime rate in the community?

Asked by Flw9795, 38115 Tue May 22, 2012

Answers

1
thinz, Agent, Allenhurst, NJ
Tue May 12, 2015
Churches and schools are trying to help, but it would help equally I believe to have counseling programs for the parents/families to better understand how to survive and cope with the stress of changing communities.38115 is so far above the national average with violent and non-violent crime that more needs to be done in many areas. The family unit needs to be stronger so it can sustain during the tough times.

The stress around unemployment, keeping up with your bills, keeping your kids safe and getting them on the right track for their future is overwhelming for many - also living in fear not knowing if it is safe to go outside like in the past. As a community, the churches could do more to help in this regard which may have a positive effect on the crime rate over time.
Tom Hinz http://www.shortsaletosell.com
Specifically - I'd like to see more programs geared toward helping the dads get back to church so the "entire" family attends vs just the moms with their kids. Here's what I've observed - I've seen the good effects of how kids participate and become more spiritual when their dads also participate in church. If dads don't attend, the job for moms becomes tougher...
Flag Tue May 12, 2015