6900 mohawk street

Asked by Alexandra Themoleas, San Diego, CA Tue Feb 19, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3109069057-6719-Mohawk-St-San-D…

Answers

2
Jenny Talasazan Realtor’s answer
Jenny Talasa…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Alexandra,
There is a lot of great advice here. Safety reports and alerts can be set to your emails. Also, San Diego is a big place. Are you available to go drive through a bunch of zip codes to see what they look like. Because there are beautiful homes in some of these zip codes, especially with the market now. I would not want you too miss one because of a crime report alone. I usually take my clients to the home in the day, we go back at night and I usually recommend for them to knock on the neighbors doors with me and we get a LOT of info from the locals. This is really the best way because it comes from someone who has been there a long time.
Lastly, if it is a rental for you it may not be a problem with tenants. Call me and let's see! I love finding new gems!
Check out my website too, I work with properties that are not on the MLS !
Jim Fishinger, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Alexandra,

If I understand you correctly, you are interested in the crime in this area. You can get help on this from the San Diego Police Department. They can provide statistics relative to other areas to give you perspective. You may want to check the database for locations of sexual offenders in the area as well. Unfortunately no area is devoid of crime and when I've checked the database in areas I consider safe over all, None has been without sex offenders within a modest radius. You are wise to do your homework ahead of time and then to take reasonable precautions to protect yourself and your family.