Would a senior citizen be safe on rupley drive with no garage?

Asked by New To Jupiter & Garland Road Area, Dallas, TX Sun Apr 8, 2012

my mom is thinking of moving to this neighborhood. she has a nice four door sedan and an old pick up truck which she would have to park in the driveway. I worry about both her safety and the safety of the automobiles as well

Answers

4
Mike Bryant’s answer
Mike Bryant, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Apr 9, 2012
I would suggest researching crime statistics. I performed a websearch using the search terms: "dallas crime statistics". I found quite a few useful resources, which were pretty interesting.

You could go to the dallas police department website ,http://dallaspolice.net/, and search crime statistics. The area around Rupley is served by beats 232 and 233. You might consider simply asking the police on beats 232 and 233 directly if they have any suggestions, advice or comments about the neighborhood. Part of their job is crime prevention, so I'm sure they'll have some ideas.

If you feel concerned, you could install flood-lights with motion sensors in the vicinity of the carport or driveway. In my experience, good lighting (porch light on, motion sensor lights), deter both people and pesky unwanted animals.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Apr 9, 2012
It is against professional code of ethics to render an opinion. Recommend Google search for crime stat's for that area.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Beau Beasley, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Apr 8, 2012
Sorry, I think I gave you a bad answer. I saw Garland and I was thinking of the city, not Garland Rd. I actually live in the neighborhood called Highland Meadows that's right near that intersection. Unfortunately, city of Dallas does not release crime stats to private websites. You can get some info at the Dallas Police website, but it's not very helpful, unfortunately. I park both cars out front and have been here 2 years without a breakin at my house. Just depends on which part of the neighborhood you're buying in though. If she's going to spend over 140,000, I think the chances are pretty good that she'll not have any problems.

Let me know if you want me to help you find something.

Beau
Beau Beasley, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Apr 8, 2012
Of course, no one can give you a definitive answer on that. But check the crime statistics at crimereports.com for some guidance.

Beau Beasley
213 966-2100
I've lived in the 11600 Rupley Ln for 4 years with no problems. I keep the porch light on. I don't find it to be any worse than any other part of Dallas that has working class people.
Flag Sat May 27, 2017