Where can I find out which bank owns a foreclosed property?

Asked by Mary W. Wagner, Maryland Thu Apr 5, 2012

Answers

3
Robert Krop, Agent, Frederick, MD
Mon Oct 13, 2014
MD Judiciary Case Search is a great site to be able to see who is involved in a foreclosure and also what stage of the process the home is currently in: casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Apr 5, 2012
If you are able to find this, it will probably do you absolutely no good:
The Bank will not talk to you, tell you anything about the property, nor deal with you directly to buy the property.
If the house is not presently LISTED, you could not make an offer.
When it is, you will need to enlist a Realtor to represent you; the Banks want to use Reators to ensure that the t's are crossed and the i's dotted. They are paying for it afterall.
Thanks Ron. I am an agent and I have a client that has been watching this property sit vacant for two years.
Flag Thu Apr 5, 2012
Greg Myers, Agent, Gaitherburg, MD
Thu Apr 5, 2012
The county land record indices should contain ths information. Likely a "MERS" record will be present showing the mortgage has been sold to another investor. But you won't know until you look.

Send me a email with the property info and I will look it up for you. gregorymyers@mris.com

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group 301-258-7757
Hi Greg,
Im trying to find who owns a couple of properties...if you can help me, please email me kim@kiproperty.com
Flag Thu Oct 11, 2012