What is the crime rate around 1808 Bradford Circle, 27713?

Asked by jlansberry, Durham, NC Wed Mar 20, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3094158603-1808-Bradford-Cir-…

Answers

4
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Thu Mar 21, 2013
The best source of information about the crime rate anywhere here in Durham is Durham Crime Mapper an interactive program that allows you to enter in the address or general location of a property and then see every crime that's been committed within a period of time (you set this) and distance from the property (also adjustable. I have attached a link below.

I live here in Durham and know it pretty well, and don't consider this a particularly high crime area. Currently Durham is enjoying it's lowest crime rate in a quarter of a century according to the local papers which just featured this information earlier this week.

Feel free to contact me through my profile here on Trulia if I can be of any further assistance.
Amyhenderson…, Broker, Durham, NC
Mon Apr 8, 2013
I've always found it helpful for me or my clients to drive around the neighborhood around 5:30pm because everyone that works is usuallycoming home from work or other activities and you can tell a lot by a neighborhood/subdivision by the activity of the residents. Maybe you want a neighborhood with a lot of kids or more retirees, so this is a perfect way to do that because NC agents cannot give our opinion as to the familial status of neighborhoods and areas. Also, a better way to find out about the area is to stop and ask various residents in the neighborhood about any concerns you may have OR the next door neighbor--they usually know specific details about the home you're looking at and the neighborhood and zip code statistics don't cover that! Hope this is helpful--- Amy Henderson, Rockwood Realty
Laura Douglas, Home Buyer, Raleigh, NC
Sun Mar 24, 2013
There is a better crime mapper program through the Durham police website called Raids Online: http://www.raidsonline.com/?agency=Durham,NC It works for more than just Durham too.

I recommend using the density map (under the analysis tool) to compare... red for higher crime and blue for lower. You can select for different type of crime and date ranges.
Candy McLain, Agent, Rougemont, NC
Wed Mar 20, 2013
My suggestion to you is to contact the police department for the city and the sheriffs department for the county. It would be worth your while to check into an area before purhcasing a home..