What is the crime like?

Asked by southerncrossinvestments, Indianapolis, IN Wed Dec 18, 2013

Answers

4
Lee Smith, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Sat Dec 28, 2013
Here is a website run by the city of Indianapolis. You can put in the address of properties and pull down crime statistics. This is how I and my clients research areas..

http://maps.indy.gov/MapIndy/Index.html?theme=crimeviewer
Avery Garrett, Agent, Greenwood, IN
Thu Dec 19, 2013
There are some advantages to Hawthorne from an investment point of view. There has been some new developments in that area, with a new apartment community, new schools, etc. The houses in that area are more run-down, so you get what comes with that.

It depends on what type of investor you are... If you are looking to pick up a couple houses for rental purposes for the short-term, I would look in other areas.

If you are a "Monopoly Player," it would be a good area to look at. It is close to IUPUI, which is growing, and has a lack of affordable and safe rentals nearby. It is near the zoo, NCAA Hall of Champions, White River Park, etc. So there is a lot of potential in that area if someone wants to build up the neighborhood.

Thank you.

Avery Garrett, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Kaiser
317-721-2274
soldbyavery@gmail.com
Rodney Heard, Agent, Zionsville, IN
Thu Dec 19, 2013
That is a pretty subjective questions. My best advice would be to do some research on your own. Go to Crimereport.com or google and you should get all the answers you want.
southerncros…, Both Buyer And Seller, Indianapolis, IN
Wed Dec 18, 2013
A better question would be, What is the Hawthorne community like? Is it fractured and aggressive, or communal and friendly, or somewhere between? Is it changing for the better?