Crime & Safety in 07030>Question Details

Jc, Other/Just Looking in 07030

What can you say about New Brunswick? it's been an up-and-coming city for the past 10 yrs, though it's not there yet. there's a new

Asked by Jc, 07030 Wed Nov 18, 2009

development 2.2 miles south west of center but concerned about safety of surrounding neighborhood.

Answers

3
Hi JC,

New Brunswick is a very desirable area in the past few years.

Very easy access to the train to NY & Philly, great restaurants. There are many great places to live.. I have marketed and sold most of what was available at Hiram Square, a "development" of town homes and a few one level condo's. People are amazed at the size of these units with two car garages and three levels of living space. Then, there is One Spring Street, the largest building in New Brunswick, with great 1,2,3 bedroom condo's .. in building parking, gym space and indoor pool. A nice "Manhattan like" feel to the building, then we get to the Heldrich Hotel / Condo's.. the condos are attached to the hotel and owners have access to the four star hotel amenities. Also a cool feature is being able to roder room service to your home!.. I know the development that you are speaking of ( Fulton ASquare?) and It looks good to me! Time will tell about the continued "rebirth" of New Brunswick, but I cannot see all that many alternatives for people that are looking for a "city style" environment in NJ with easy access to NY.

Call me for information on any of the above, or Fulton Square.

I am sure I can help you make the right move.

John Sacktig
Broker / manger
Orange Key Realty
Office: 732-863-6969

JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 18, 2009
New Brunswick is an exciting area with diversity. There are some areas with higher crime than others. The surrounding university, business district and hospitals contribute to the hustle and bustle of every day life there. Depending how far you are from the train station, it really depends on the neighborhood. With the school expanding rapidly into the downtown area, there are heightened efforts to keep the crime rates down. Having lived in New Brunswick from 1997-2001 and then again in 2007-2009 the area has definitely evolved for the better and continues to do so. It is relatively safe except for a few areas, it really depends on where you are specifically. Feel free to contact me with any other questions.
Today New Brunswick has a special appeal. The convenience of a train station, the new and better roads, the appeal of a college town (Rutgers), the new and wonderful restaurants, the theatres. As in every town it depends exactly what you are looking for. The real estate is from multi-family dwellings that many have successfully purchased as investments to high end luxury condominiums. A seasoned realtor who can help decipher what your needs and wants are. To contact me, email anne@kofsky.net. It would be my pleasure to discuss further.
Anne Kofsky