Crime & Safety in Columbia>Question Details

Adam Mangus, Renter in Columbia, MD

Were any of these crimes in the autumn crest neighborhood?

Asked by Adam Mangus, Columbia, MD Mon Mar 26, 2012

When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
One of the first questions I am asked when working with a home buyer who is looking for a home in a new area is: What kind of crime happens in this neighborhood? How do I know if this is the right area for my faimily?
Luckily nowadays we have a way of directing consumers to an interactive clearing site for the police departments.
Please visit:
This interactive site is FREE and there is nothing to join~! Simply add an address for the area you are interested in learning about. You can adjust days back in time and mapping options as well. Especially useful for our military families on the move!
This is the best place to start. I helped develop this when I worked there if you have any questions....…
For answers, the best resource is the police department. Realtors may not investigate and act in any capacity other than real estate advisors.