We would like to live in an area that the crime rate is low and the pubic school system is A plus.

Asked by Gina, Auburn, WA Thu Sep 6, 2007

Answers

11
Bonnie Sterl…, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2007
Hi Gina, If you are currently in Oxnard, you should consider Simi, Moorpark or Thousand Oaks. They are still in Ventura County. All of these neighboring communities have excellent public school choices. Simi has fundamental and magnet schools (some are lottery, others are by neighborhood districting but the whole district offers school of choice for non-impacted schools, which means that you can attend a school of your choice that is not too full of students already). Thousand Oaks has several blue ribbon schools. Simi and Thousand Oaks both are consistently in the top 10 of low crime for populations over 100,000. Moorpark I dont believe has made it over 100,000 citizens yet but if you search the VCStar they print the stats annually for all VC cities. I'd be happy to help answer any of your questions further. I dont just sell homes in these areas. I grew up in TO and moved to Simi about 15 years ago because housing was a litlte more affordable and I could raise kids here. I am very familiar with Oxnard and think that although our weather is warmer than Oxnard during the summer, Simi and TO are just different and it's only my opinion but better. I personally looked to move to Ventura about 7 years ago and considered Oxnard as a lower cost alternative. I could not find an area in Oxnard that I would consider calling home because the better neighborhoods were just right next to the not so great neighborhoods. Anyway, let me know if I can answer any other, more specific quetions for you.
Web Reference:  http://www.SimiLiving.com
Samantha Her…, , Oxnard, CA
Tue Aug 11, 2009
Gina I woule love to show you the area and property that you are interested in viewing. If you are still looking feel free to Call me at Castillo Realty, Inc. 805-204-0926 My name is Samantha Hernandez/ Realtor or ask for my Broker Tom Jurado Specializes in REO Commercial, Listing and more
Web Reference:  http://yahoo.com
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Mon Jul 13, 2009
I just read a report about IRVINE, CALIFORNIA. According to the LA Times, it has one of the lowest crime rates in the United States.
Samantha Her…, , Oxnard, CA
Sat Jun 13, 2009
Hello ,
I'm Samantha Hernandez/Realtor with Camarillo Properties I don't live in the city of Camarillo. But if I was in the market this is A place I wouldn't mind living in. If you want excellent schools look in Camarillo, Ca. Great City for a family and very low crime rating. I do recommend this area. Maybe stay at a hotel for a week and get familiar with this area to see if you would like it. Then try out a place called Posies Boutique for some shopping and if you decide you like this area you can contact me if you like. samantha@camarilloproperties.com
Ted Mackel, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Thu May 1, 2008
Gina, I noticed that you were looking in Riverside county yet this question is in the Ventura County section, are you still looking?
J Lo, Home Buyer, California Glory, Brentwood, CA
Fri Sep 7, 2007
Hi Gina:
Are you moving out of state? As the commercials say - Come visit the south - (Georgia that is) - we have low crime and a public school system that is second to none!
Mr.P, , Arizona
Thu Sep 6, 2007
Hey Gina
Welcome to Gilbert Arizona
We have a great community. Gilbert unified school district 41 is the very best.
Crime is almost non existent.
We have a great foward thinking government.
It is a virtual Mayberry
Summers are a little toasty, but you`ll get use to it
Mr.P, , Arizona
Thu Sep 6, 2007
Welcome to Gilbert Arizona
Crime is almost non existent.
It is a virtual Mayberry
Summers are a little toasty, but you`ll get use to it.
Mr.P, , Arizona
Thu Sep 6, 2007
Welcome to Gilbert Arizona
Crime is non existent.
It is a virtual Mayberry
Mr.P, , Arizona
Thu Sep 6, 2007
Welcome to Gilbert Arizona
Crime is non existent.
It is a virtual Mayberry
CNN MONEY ranked us #16 best places to live. Hey it beats being #17.
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2006/snapshot…
Dave Rivera…, Agent, Orinda, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2007
Hi Gina,
If you are considering Northern California, the Lamorinda area has the highest rated public school system in the state. Lamorinda consists of Lafayette, Moraga and Orinda. There is also an area of
nearby Walnut Creek which is less expensive and has Lamorinda schools. The crime rate is low here. I do have to warn you though; it is a fairly expensive area. That being said, many Northern Californians relocate to this area when they have children of school age.
Best to you!
Sheila