Ianpeyton, Home Buyer in Laurel, MD

This is a good area to buy a home in?

Asked by Ianpeyton, Laurel, MD Tue May 1, 2012

We found a really great home in the area. It is somewhat over priced and I am trying to decide if the area is worth the hassle!

Answers

3
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Fri May 17, 2013
Ask your agent to provide you recent comps of homes sold and active listings. Plus, if you submit an offer and accepted by the seller & you are using a loan to finance. You will need an appraisal which must at least appraise for the amount requested.

Natalie Dean, Agent, ANNAPOLIS, MD
Mon May 7, 2012
Hi Lanpeyton:
Laurel is a fabulous area. Remember that Laurel is one of the few areas that actually is a part of three different counties, Howard, Prince Georges and Montgomery. Does appreciation in value depend on the jurisdiction, yes, however for the most part the market has stabilized and not only are you seeing good price points but coupled with low interest rates your doing great. Talk to your Realtor and ask them about programs that can help you grow your equity going into the home, which is a win win situation! All the Best and Much Success!
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Tue May 1, 2012
Hi Lanpeyton, as a Realtor I can not discuss crime rates. I suggest you contact police departments or search them on the internet. Are you looking for a Realtor? I can help you.