Thinking of moving to Weston Ranch area and nearing retirement. Is it a safe area for Seniors?

Asked by Terrie Syvertsen, Livermore, CA Fri Aug 17, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Stockton/sold/1527379…

Answers

8
joshua, Home Buyer, Reno, NV
Tue May 6, 2014
No it is not safe. My grandmother lives there and she got her car stolen.
mbassoknight, Home Owner, Stockton, CA
Sat Dec 22, 2012
no...no...no...save yourself...Do not buy out there....It is not SAFE...Too much gang stuff going on. How many shootings in Stockton, Ca this year?
Wayne, , Weston Ranch, Stockton, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2012
I live here and must say that the comments concerning the distance to major shopping is true. However, there is a bus service. There are young families and a large multicultural element. The crime rate is not that bad, however the otherside of the freeway is a major depressed crime area. I find the homes are a great value and I enjoy the pool and paradise. Retirment is wehat you make it, so it depends on your lifestyle and hw you want to live in your retirement. I do see many golf cart electric vehicls around town.
have you joined the weston ranch 95206 on facebook?
Flag Thu Aug 23, 2012
Lela Nelson, Agent, Stockton, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2012
Any area in town can be considered "safe" or "unsafe". You can find the crime statistics on the city website under the police section (you can also search through my website: LELANELSON.COM. Then you can answer the question for yourself. As a senior, I would think you would like to be closer to shopping and other facilities. Victory Park, Tuxedo Park, Lincoln Center and Lincoln Village West areas are short walking distances to parks, museums, shopping and pharmacies. There are lovely safe pockets all over town. Lela Nelson
Juanita Horta, Agent, Stockton, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2012
OOPS!! the word is saturated.
Rocky G.H. H…, Agent, Ripon, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2012
Check the Stockton Records crime page on line, the Stockton police department and Megan's law.com .

I hope this helps,

Rocky

Rocky

Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
http://www.TeamHawrysz.com
Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610 - Office
(209) 915-6209 - Mobile

"Committed to your success!"
Juanita Horta, Agent, Stockton, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2012
Hello I wouldnt reccomend due to the fact its is statrtaed with commuters and young families.
David McKeev…, Agent, Stockton, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2012
Hi Terrie,
I would urge you to review Trulia's crime map. I wrote about it here on my BLOG, see the link below.

The crime map will give you a great idea of the amount of crimes and type of crime in a specific area.
I hope this helps!

Here is the link to the Stockton Crime Map...
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Stockton-California/crime/

David McKeever
Broker- McKeever Real Estate
(209)483-6523
mckeeverrealestate@gmail.com
Thank you for the information. Appreciate it. Terrie
Flag Fri Aug 17, 2012