Thinking about moving to Falmouth, Mass. Why do the crime websites rate is so poorly? Is it bunched up with all of Barnstable County, like Hyannis?

Asked by Jeff, Mon Apr 9, 2012

Answers

3
Heath Coker’s answer
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Wed Apr 11, 2012
I agree with Lisa.
I live in Falmouth and have raised 4 kids here.
We often get lumped in with Lisa's end of the Cape ( wink to Lisa - we work together ;^) )

I would be interested in the sites you are referencing.
How their data is compiled would be another place to check to get your question answered.

Falmouth is becoming THE place to be on Cape Cod: more water front than any other town in the US, lower taxes, year round iving, reasonable schools, close to Boston and Providence, not a "cut through town", and not on Route 6.

Come drive around and stay awhile.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Lisa Cannata, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Tue Apr 10, 2012
East Falmouth is also Barnstable County....actually all of Cape Cod is Barnstable County. So yes, it's possible that if you are looking at county crime rate it may be rating with all of Barnstable County which would include one of our larger crime areas....Hyannis.

Having lived on the Cape all my life I know each of the Cape of the Towns very well. I would say there may be specific areas of Falmouth that experience more crime than others, but this holds true with anywhere you go. Personally I find Falmouth to be one of the most gorgeous towns on the Cape and it offers a lot of great things that are important to people buying a home on Cape Cod. More often than not I have been working with buyers recently whose main focus has been the Falmouth area.

I'd be happy to help you when you're ready to make your move whether it be in Falmouth or any other part of the Cape.

Kind Regards
Lisa Cannata
lcannata@robertpaul.com
774-353-7129
Joe Arnao, Agent, Sanwich, MA
Tue Apr 10, 2012
There are certain areas in falmouth that may rate poorly compared to the others. Like any good sized town, there are neighborhoods that are safer than others. Although, there is much beauty and it is a great place to live, Cape Cod is not immune to the ills of society.

You should contact a local Realtor when you are getting ready. The best thing to do is create a list of your desired details of both home and location, then drive the areas. You will be able to discern the better neighborhoods yourself and if still concerned, then talk to the police department about the locations.

We have some listings in Falmouth if you want more info.