The neighborhood seems adjacent to some high crime areas. How often do thefts, burglaries and other crimes occur within this neighborhood?

Asked by Moninavc, New York, NY Sat Nov 3, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3100134845-5681-Buchanan-St-Los…

Answers

6
Jayne Clement’s answer
Jayne Clement, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Nov 3, 2012
I sell to a lot of first time home buyers in this area....it's a rapidly changing area, i.e., the new hipsterville (for better or worse). They have an art walk once a month on York (near The York restaurant), tons of new restaurants and cafes opening up monthly. Close proximity to downtown LA, but you get a lot more real estate for the money.

Check out Mount Washington, Glassel Park, Eagle Rock and parts of Montecito Heights (some great view streets in all of these areas). If you can pay more, then also check out Echo Park and Silver Lake. Good luck!

Jayne Clement
Cell) 213/309-5005
DRE# -01877738
Jayne Clement, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Nov 3, 2012
Great map from Diane below!

But...this "smells a little fishy to me," as in, I think this is a scam listing. $1400 for a 3+2, for a newly renovated bungalow in Highland Park is way too low! Plus, I tried to google the so-called listing agent...no info on this guy. Anyway, looks like they caught him, as it's no longer going to the website, nor is it in the MLS.

Jayne Clement
Cell) 213/309-5005
DRE# -01877738
Charles Nier…, Agent, Riverside, CA
Fri Oct 11, 2013
Hi Monina,

I live in the area and I can tell you this from experience. The location is safe. I was working on Eagle Rock and York for 8 years and there were zero problems. I guess you really need to live here to realize and appreciate the location. Let me know should you need anything in this area.

Charles F Nierras
Sellstate Preferred Properties
Direct (323) 500-7690
BRE: 01935066
http://www.charlesnierras.com
Moninavc, Renter, New York, NY
Sun Nov 4, 2012
Thanks Jayne and Sheryl. All information is very helpful. I'm actually from LA - not New York. My husband and I currently live in Santa Monica and are looking for a single family house so we can be closer to my parents in the "valley," However, I want to get the best value for money, etc. We are interested in renting/leasing first so we get re-acquainted with the area(s) first before making a commitment to buying.
Moninavc, Renter, New York, NY
Sat Nov 3, 2012
Thanks Diane. And Jayne it did look fishy to me too. Newly renovated with top of the line finishes. Also the photos look like renderings that any architect or design firm can do. I googled the actual street views of the address and the house looks completely different (without the renovations). The only reason why I thought it may be low is because of the neighborhood. That's why I was inquiring about the crime info.

I was thinking of taking a drive there tomorrow to check it out.
Diane McDona…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Nov 3, 2012
Here's a great map to use when scoping out neighborhoods:

http://www.lapdonline.org/crime_mapping_and_compstat

Diane McDonald
Keller Williams Realty, Los Feliz