Surprisingly high crime rates in Woodland Hills?

Asked by Randomscreenname, Woodland Hills, CA Sun Jul 8, 2012

I see statistics indicating that Woodland Hills is an extremely high crime area. For instance, both the L.A. Times and Redfin produce alarming numbers. This is a surprise to me -- I sort of equated WH with its neighboring areas -- Calabasas, Tarazana, Encino, etc.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Answers

5
Mehdi Shenavai’s answer
Mehdi Shenav…, Agent, Woodland Hills, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
I live and work as a Realtor in Woodland Hills myself and feel it is safe for my familly. However you should do your own research for the area you want to leave in. But never feel like "that kind of things does not happen here" where ever you may be!
realtorchamp, Home Buyer, Woodland Hills, CA
Sat Jul 20, 2013
here's a little secret about woodland hills. violent crime is relatively low, but the property crime rate has always been high. agents will not reveal this to you, but the statistics speaks for itself. yes, crime does happen where ever you may be, but statistics also reveal some grain of truth....
Dot Chance, Agent, Burbank, CA
Sun Jul 8, 2012
It is probably like most areas...there are good parts of Woodland Hills and then there are less desirable parts. My family moved into an area about five years ago and we were happy that it was a "safe" area. We had only been in the home for a couple of weeks or so when someone broke in the house while my daughter was at home. Fortunately the burglar ran from the house when he saw her!

I always recommend checking out the sex offender database to be sure there are no sex offenders in the immediate area.

Unfortunately there is crime is every area! Pick the neighborhood you feel the safest in and then try to narrow the crime search to that immediate neighborhood.

All my best,
Dot Chance
DRE #01494182
Janey Bishop, Agent, Encino, CA
Sun Jul 8, 2012
I am very surprised. As a realtor and a resident I am out and about in Woodland HIlls day and night. I have never been afraid of crime. I wouldn't leave my purse in the car but otherwise I feed quite safe.
Laura Coffey, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Sun Jul 8, 2012
It is the Valley. If you want a safer area check out Santa Clarita.
Its Santa Clarita! no thanks! I"ll stick with the Valley and Woodland Hills..
lived here all my life and i love it..... Anyway it only takes me 20 mins. to get to Malibu from my house and now all the best restaurant, hiking, schools, shopping and entertainment is only 5 mins away... I'll stay...
Flag Wed Jun 29, 2016