Since we have had all the changes in the real estate market, certain new subdivisions look like abondoned

Asked by B. Garrett, Hampton, VA Thu Oct 25, 2007

homes and are becoming homes for people who are up to no good. What can we do about that?

Answers

1
Paul Eakin, Agent, Fredericksburg, VA
Thu Oct 25, 2007
Hi... I think the best thing would be to notify your local law enforcement and ask that they put on extra patrols in these areas. If you see suspicious activity, I would call and give the exact location and ask for an officer to come out. If you have a neighborhood association, invite the local police to your meeting to express your concerns. You'd be amazed how responsive they can be when they see that citizens are involved in keeping the community safe. On another note, you should see these homes sell eventually, either from a) the builders offering incentives to get folks to buy, or b) if the builder goes out of business and their lender forecloses on those properties and sells them. Hope that helps... have a GREAT day!
Regards.... Paul