Safety in Highland Park neighborhood of Birmingham, AL?

Asked by Pgcochran, Birmingham, AL Mon Jun 11, 2012

I will be living in the Highland Park neighborhood of Birmingham, AL. I am a male in my 20s and will be living with two other 20's age males. Because most people in the neighborhood park on the street, I was wondering what the rate of crime is (violent and non-), and specifically, what the rate of burglaries and theft is, especially with motor vehicles?

Answers

1
David Mason, Agent, Vestavia Hills, AL
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Probably the best thing is to call or go by the Police station on Highland Avenue across from the fire dept. station next to Western supermarket and ask the question. I suspect that they will have a very good handle on those statistics.

Also, you can drive through the neighborhood you are interested in, at a time when residents are likely to be outside, and just stop a few of the neighbors and ask them what they know. Usually, you'll find someone outside after work hours or on weekends.