Pemberton seems to be a high crime area. I was surprised by that. Why is it so high?

Asked by Dj, Hamilton, OH Thu Mar 5, 2009

Under the stats and trends, it appears that the violent crime rate is a higher percentage that the entire state of NJ. We were looking into moving into the area. I'm glad I saw that before we made an offer.

Answers

4
Lisa, Home Owner, Pemberton, NJ
Mon Jun 11, 2012
As a resident of Pemberton Boro, (we really like it)
It is a good & affordable place to live and raise my kids.
As with a lot of places, there are good & not so good area's.
Gary Crum, Agent, Pemberton, NJ
Wed Aug 18, 2010
I live and work in Pemberton Boro. Pemberton Boro is one square mile, Pemberton Twp is sixty square miles. When a negitive news is reported it can tend to mis-lead an on looker.
Most municipalities are required to has some form of affordable housing. This is where most of the unflattering news is generated.
Doing your due diigence when you purchase a home is essential. Not only find out where you want to be but where you don't want to purchase.
I have said to potential buyers that "the only people who don't like Pemberton Twp are the people who don't live here."
Web Reference:  http://gcrum.com
John Davis, , Pemberton, NJ
Mon Nov 23, 2009
I have been a real estate broker in Pemberton Boro and Township for 40 years, It is my opinion that most of the crime comes from a certain area in the township as you find in many towns and cities, I raised 3 children in Pemberton and they all are doing well, if you have good family support in any area I think your family would do well , the township has some of the most beautiful lakes in the South Jersey area and is near to Philly and the Jersey shores, and being near military bases such as Fort Dix and McGuireAFB you meet some of the best folks in the world, sorry to say , you missed out on not checking us out in person. PS: Many of these folks live in Pemberton or near by our township.
Paul Bibelhe…, , New Jersey
Sat Mar 14, 2009
I grew up in Pemberton Township, Browns Mills, from 1971 to 1983. I moved back in 2003. I don't plan on leaving. The town of Pemberton has a high crime rate. But if you took into consideration the entire township it doesn't have a high crime rate. There is a part of Pemberton that is poor. It is also small, compared to the township. I wouldn't live in Pemberton the town. But I really like the township and especially, Browns Mills. In addition, I am in one of the nicest areas of Browns Mills, Country Lakes Estates. I have had no problem with property crime or violent crime. However, because I am away from home, I do have ADT security.
I was also looking into Pemberton but we want to use the public schools- which means a terrible high school environment. Such a shame, Brown Mills did look nice but our safety is not worth taking a chance. Just read a story about a high school wrestler murdering his teammate then trying to cover it up. The mugshot is scary, def don't want my child in class with that sort.
Flag Mon Jan 30, 2017