Opinions on Willow Cabin St next to Lamb state park

Asked by Joe J, Wisconsin Sat Apr 26, 2008

We are looking at two homes for sale on Willow Cabin St. The backyards of both is the Lamb State park. Part of me says this would be great for walking the dog, but part is worried about foot traffic from the park. The area is gated, so in theory, only residents can drive in. Any thoughts? We are considering moving from the midwest.
While we are on the subject, how effective are the auto-gates? Do the codes eventually get to be almost public knowledge? What about Fedex, UPS etc?

Answers

3
Sincitynan, , Las Vegas, NV
Thu Sep 10, 2009
I know this is an old question, but I have to say having lived in a gated community near Floyd Lamb Park for the last 8- almost nine years, it is awesome out here. We get a yearly pass to the park, (very reasonable, now that the city owns it), and walk our dogs over there after work every night. This area is very safe, with a semi-rural feel, but convenient to the 95 freeway (about a mile). I wouldn't hesitate to buy or rent a home in this area. We have enjoyed living here very much!
Marilyn Orcu…, , Las Vegas, NV
Sun Apr 27, 2008
I live in a gated community and FEDEX and UPS are in regularly without me buzzing them in. A lot of business such as these have the gate code. I would have to say though that I do feel safer here because we have a great deal less through traffic. Floyd Lamb State Park is beautiful and since agents cannot steer you toward a particular area, or away from it, my suggestion would be to talk to other residents. I'm sure they would be of benefit in helping you decide.
Chris Shouse, Agent, California City, CA
Sat Apr 26, 2008
Gates codes do not seem to stay private, neighbors give the code out to friends. If someone really wants to get into a gated area all they have to do is wait for a resident to go in and then follow behind. As far as FedEx, UPS etc. the gate usually has a phone pad and they would call into your residence and you would buzz them in.
Web Reference:  http://realsummerlin.com