My wife and I are looking to relocate to Arizona. So we are acquiring a multi-cultural/diverse area. Any suggestions?

Asked by bornvessellsp, Boston, MA Thu Sep 6, 2012

More specifically, safety, education, job market, diversity are essential if not necessary for our success.

Answers

3
Sherayn Allen, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Arizona is very diverse, with native Arizonan's such as myself rarities in most conversation circles!

I'll add a link to my answer to statistical data; you can search by city and even zip code. This will show data on people, jobs schools hospitals crime etc.

In order to help you narrow down the best location to fit your specifics, you need to be more specific in what you want. What do you do -job market, grades or purpose- education? What do you like to do- leisure, safety -to what level?

Check out the statistics see if that helps, define your needs and finding an area of town will be easy!
Lorrie Feld,…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Sep 6, 2012
That is a tough question as there are so many different areas of the valley. It is very different than being in a city like Boston though as many of the areas are more suburban. There are many job opportunities all over the valley depending on your line of work. Central Phoenix is a hub of many offices and North Central Phoenix you will find homes that are older with lot's of character. Scottsdale, especially as you go into North Scottsdale are new homes built of stucco and tile roofs. If you want to be able to walk to restaurants and shopping there are areas I can suggest that are popular. As far as education, the best website I have found is http://www.greatschools.org. There you can find ratings on schools and parents reviews and comments about them.

I work with many buyers that are moving here from out of state and would be happy to talk to you about your different options. I grew up in NY and also lived in Los Angeles for over 20 years and have found even though Phoenix/Scottsdale doesn't offer the same life style and culture that other cities offer, there are many positives to this beautiful city that make it a wonderful place to live.

Lorrie Feld
Keller Williams Integrity First
480-570-1074
Web Reference:  http://www.azrealtygroup.com
Merrill Jenc…, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Thu Sep 6, 2012
I am a full time agent here in Arizona. There are a lot of culturally diverse areas here, however, it is difficult to say which is the most diverse. A lot of it depends as well on what kind of house you are looking for, and which parts of the valley are going to have a home that meets your needs. Feel free to send me an email or give me a call with more specifics about what you are looking for, and I will see if I can point you in the right direction.

I would like to point out that equal housing laws do not allow agents to steer or redline certain areas due to race. But Arizona is very multi-cultural, with a lot of different types of people living here, and perhaps I can point you in the right direction if I can better understand your needs.
Thanks!